event viewer error msg, need help

skovdam

when i play games it crashes with no errors accuring after the crash, but in the event viewer it gives me the msg:
A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
Error Type: Internal parity error
Processor APIC ID: 2

The details view of this entry contains further information.
no clue what this means but does it indicate how i can fix the crashing?

Agent Smith

Well, from the sound of it it seems like the CPU. But I kinda doubt that as CPUs don't tend to die out. I would try testing the RAM first and see if there are any errors. I would also make sure you are using the latest GPU driver. Also, go into dxdiag and see if there are any problems reported. To do that go to search and type in dxdiag, hit enter.

Burn Memtest 86+ to CD and boot the CD. Use IMGBurn portable to burn Memtest to CD. You boot the CD like you would boot Windows for install.

http://www.memtest.org/

http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTAB...-Portable-Applications-Portable-ImgBurn.shtml

If you discover your RAM is bad then you will need to test one stick at a time deducing which stick has the errors.

skovdam

mem test showed no errors or anything wrong with it. the dxdiag stuff gave me the file i have attached... have no clue what to look for or anything (which is why im attaching the file)

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    81.2 KB · Views: 2

Agent Smith

How old is the power supply? Your using Windows 10 and I have heard countless people have update issues with their systems. I'm a member of more than one forum and have my own.

skovdam

the power supply is between 8-12 month old..
i did find a small fix for the issue, by enabling vsync i can play without the crashes.. so something in my system does not like to work for the extra frames.

skovdam

when i go to asus website and find the motherboard chipset download, and try to run it, the installer tells me i have a newer version than the one i downloaded. so i dont need to install and older version, right?

EDIT:
The part i wrote with vsync was not completly correct.. still have the crashes but instead of crashing every 15-30 min now it last alot longer somethimes up to 2 hours before crashing.

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
when i go to asus website and find the motherboard chipset download, and try to run it, the installer tells me i have a newer version than the one i downloaded. so i dont need to install and older version, right?

EDIT:
The part i wrote with vsync was not completly correct.. still have the crashes but instead of crashing every 15-30 min now it last alot longer somethimes up to 2 hours before crashing.
Go to the chip manufacturer's support site for the latest chipset driver (Intel or AMD, not the motherboard manufacturer).