everything missing of D: backup drive

tremmor

Thats it. had 1000's pictures, wallpaper etc. Went to drive to change wallpaper and everything gone. All directories gone. Copied a picture from C: and paste ok and was there. Any suggestions? Was looking for a possible recovery. and wanting to know what might have happened.
thanks

Last edited:

Agent Smith

You could try running HDtune and see what the SMART data reads. There's also Hard Drive Sentential. What was the brand of drive and how old?

Not sure if the program Recuva will help.

_Pete_

I had a similar experience with my 3TB backup drive although in fairness it was my fault. I accidently wiped my drive by being stupid LOL. Anyway I tried Recuva and got nothing of any use back. I eventually bought a program called Seagate Recovery and that did recover around 90% of the content. Note that fact that I bought it. The freebies did nothing. Seagate Recovery was expensive, well I thought so, but it did the job. I now keep by backups on three different drives none of which is connected to my computer when I am not using them. I would go with a RAID array but that is not cheap but I do keep looking at that option. Oh yeah that Seagate recovery program did take three days to recover my data. I just left it running whilst it wasn't telling me anything was wrong. It did, eventually, finish so if do get it be patient. Also I give no guarantees that it will work all I am saying is that it worked for me.