EVGA e-GeForce 9800GTX

SDMorris

Just letting everyone know this card is completely AMAZING!!! I cant believe my eyes, it runs every game I have at the highest settings, completely flawlessly. The picture is breath taking. My 3DMark01 score was about 34500, and my 3Dmark06 was about 12500. I cant believe it runs this well, this is the only aftermarket part on my HP m8000n other then the PSU and case.

A+ for this card!

lovely?

no it cant max out crysis, nearly, but no tamales

so im gonna overclock my 8800 and try to max it out! lol

Timo

I'll have to recieve my damn PC first, they are having trouble finding the VGA coolers I ordered. But I will lend my friends Crysis CD just to look at the graphics for a brief moment (I really don't enjoy the game that much).

Cleric7x9

Just letting everyone know this card is completely AMAZING!!! I cant believe my eyes, it runs every game I have at the highest settings, completely flawlessly. The picture is breath taking. My 3DMark01 score was about 34500, and my 3Dmark06 was about 12500. I cant believe it runs this well, this is the only aftermarket part on my HP m8000n other then the PSU and case.

A+ for this card!

my 8800GT gets a 12,500 3dmark06 score with stock clocks.

lovely?

the video quality, as far as what you can see, is actually the same, because they have exactly the same core (pretty much)

i dont doubt that its an extremely powerful card, im just debating whether the 9 series is even worth it yet.

Timo

Well... I'm going to try, putting it on Ultra High settings (or whatever they call it) and then 1024*768. If that works I'll try to put on AA. And perhaps also 1280*1024 (and later with AA). But I'll have to overclock the whole bunch :p

I believe 3.6Ghz on a Q6600 is doable and the side fan mounted on one of the VGA coolers and one of the front fans mounted on the other VGA cooler so I can do some overclocking on the cards as well... I should come quite close to about 25 frames which should be enough.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Uh huh... :eek:

You could probably play on a E6750 and get the same performance. This is a GFX stressing game, not a CPU stressing game :p

Cleric7x9

Uh huh... :eek:

You could probably play on a E6750 and get the same performance. This is a GFX stressing game, not a CPU stressing game :p

ive heard differently. obviously its very graphics intensive, but i have also heard that most CPUs have a tough time with it too. my e8400 at 3.6ghz runs at 100% while playing, but its hard to say if it is slowing me down at all.

SDMorris

Except the 9800GTX has pixel shader 4, which I have noticed looks a lot better then cards running pixel shader 3. I still want some more juice.. so im thinking of going SLi