Evga FX 5200 Ultra

4W4K3

VIP Member
lol i got to overclock my video card finally...and it seriously blows. My RAM's are 4ns and supposedly good for AT LEAST 250MHz...but they wont go past 205MHz. My core only gets like 20MHz more b4 it starts artifacting...lol what a waste of time. Hope your FX5200 does lots better...this low end ATi card blows. my MX440 would pwn this card, wish i wouldn't have traded now:( o well...

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
My RAM's are 4ns and supposedly good for AT LEAST 250MHz
Yes, but the RAM you're talking about is different than the RAMDACs that affect max monitor resolution/refresh. Your 9200 has dual 400 RAMDACs.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Come to think of it, it seems like every few weeks gamer's come to that realization no matter how new their video card is....

I have not had the missfortune :) I'm always happy even though I might not have the best.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Blue said:
I have not had the missfortune :) I'm always happy even though I might not have the best.

If more of us thought like you, we would not only have more money in our back pockets and savings accounts with balances in black ink instead of red ink.... but the technology we currently see throughout the computer industry would be years away from being developed.;)

That's what's nice or not-so-nice about this industry. The more demand we have for "faster and better" hardware and software, the faster and better products are actually developed and produced:D ...but, there's a cost.... :rolleyes:

smftexas86

honestly I am not even sure, if I have an ultra or not, it came with the computer when I bought it so, I do not know. I believe it is a normal 5200 because, the device manager, and the sys. information is telling me that.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Cromewell said:
Yes, but the RAM you're talking about is different than the RAMDACs that affect max monitor resolution/refresh. Your 9200 has dual 400 RAMDACs.

i was just complaining about my card:) it'll run 100hz refresh rate...it jsut sucks for overclocking. not sure if it's jsut a bad card or what, probably is since i got it for $50.