EVGA GTX460 Artifacts

Seth

Ok, so this isn't so straight froward as the title may suggest.

So recently I purchased a new EVGA GTX460 SC 1GB and I'm getting artifacts. But the strange thing is that they only appear in game. System boot, windows, movies, internet etc... are totally clear with no visible issues at all.

The in game artifacts are general minor. Most games I get tiny little green dots/lines that flick across (A little like bad reception on tv). They are quite small but are constant. Occasionally the artifacts get a lot worse and fast. They turn into big black triangles and make whatever game i'm playing stutter/flick and is totally unplayable...but if I minimize then maximize the game again the really bad artifacts are gone and I can play on.

While I would generally cry RMA on this; the inconsistency of the issues confuse me. My PSU is up to the job (Corsair HX750W). I just saw the 2nd set of drivers are out for the GTX460's are out, though Im not sure this would be a driver issue.

Cheers for any tips you can give =D

(In Aus down under; so not sure what the go with EVGA warranty etc... is)

linkin

VIP Member
It's not a driver issue, mine also artifacts, but not in game. the only time it does is after exiting games. sometimes it restarts the system too, and then it won't boot. (black screen, 100% fan) At that point i have to leave the system off for ~5 minutes before it works again.

Definately get an RMA

FuryRosewood

Just bought a open boxed directCU GTX460 and i had the thing die on me last night, i am fairly sure its newegg's fault tho, as i used a antistatic strap while putting the damn thing in...and when i recieved the card it was from rma, which isnt a suprise to me as both my current 9800gtx+ cards are the same scenerio, however they shipped it in the rma box that asus gave them it in....no double box with packing foam/peanuts/whatever...just the box...i didnt think much of it till now...now im a little concerned when i try to get a second one, thinking they may do the same shit to me.