EVGA Super Nova 750W enough for RTX 3080?

So I am waiting in line to get an FTW3 RTX 3080 I was wondering if a 750W Super Nova is enough to power an RTX 3080 or if I would have to upgrade the PSU as well?

That should be within spec.
Yeah that's what I was reading that the suggested PSU for a 3080 is 750W I was hoping someone with the same specs could comment and confirm. Either way looks like its going to be a while before I can get an FTW3 3080 can't find them anywhere and I am already on the EVGA list since October 16 but no email yet. If it comes down to it I guess I'll upgrade my PSU as well but that's an extra cost that I'd like not to have.

C4C

I see you've got a K-series processor and a nice motherboard... Be cautious if you're overclocking anything! :D

I see you've got a K-series processor and a nice motherboard... Be cautious if you're overclocking anything! :D
Don't plan on Overclocking. Honestly I never do except RAM which I do always like to run on XMP when possible. Been second guessing my self about buying a 3080 I've had my 1080ti for a year now and I just bought like 5 new games including the new COD and new Assassin's Creed and I am having no issues playing almost everything on close to Ultra at 1080p with my 1080ti. Oh except RDR2 which takes a lot more power to run at a constant 60FPS on really high settings but overall hard to justify spending close to $500 (after I sell the 1080ti) just to upgrade the GPU. Will see tho just not sure about it after giving it some thought.

beers

Staff member
I'm thinking it might be a while until the 1080Ti is fully irrelevant. You could probably retain parity with performance/features minus ray tracing against the new gen of consoles throughout their lifecycle.

I'm thinking it might be a while until the 1080Ti is fully irrelevant. You could probably retain parity with performance/features minus ray tracing against the new gen of consoles throughout their lifecycle.
I agree! that's how I am feeling. I mean I still get over 100 FPS on some game son Ultra. Really only game I ever had issues running on really high settings even at 1080p is RDR2.

1080Ti to 2060? Oof. He'd be better off buying a PS5 or something.
Yeah haha pretty much. I had the chance to get a 3080 a few times but I really want the FTW3 3080 I just think it looks so nice compared to the others. All though I do like Gigabyte Vision 3080 but its FTW3 3080 or nothing at this point.