exe run problem

joosk

why exe files are not running on my win7 toshiba laptops.i have avast/malwarebytes/malware hunter pro.if i have virus then why my security softs didnt help me.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do any work or just certain ones don't work? What operating system are you running?

_Pete_

Because anti-virus programs and anti-malware programs are not that good, as I keep telling everybody. But it could also be that your hard drive is breaking down or Windows isn't working properly. Hopefully you have backed up everything because it might come to a re-install of Windows. First though try a restore to an earlier time if you can.

joosk

when i run malwarebytes.then its not starting.in task manager its process is running b ut its gui is not appearing onscreen.

my laptop is not restarting in safe mode though i repeatedly click f8.restore points are also not working.

Last edited by a moderator:

joosk

i am writing this to you in chrome browsere.browser is opening.

when i install files and i run their exe files.no exe files running.

joosk

ok i run sfc /scannow.i will report to you after some time.

i run sfc/scannow but its not working.i mean exe files are not running.wait i am reading your lenghty microsoft article.

command prompt is also not opening.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Then you need to back up any personal data and reinstall windows, you have some major corruption.

joosk

earlier you told me to download and run fixexec file.i downloaded it and ran it.but nothing happens.exe file is not running.

joosk

ok.

.com extension file is also not running/working.

lock this.