Expand Ram Slot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizin

:rolleyes: Alright well as of now I have been conviced that memory exists :p (ha)! However, I have yet to see these daughter boards for anything other than servers, and obsolete PC's!

Ku-sama

banned
listen, a board with one memory slot that can hold 512MB of RAM can take a daughterboard with 2 256's insted of one 512

Ku-sama said:
listen, a board with one memory slot that can hold 512MB of RAM can take a daughterboard with 2 256's insted of one 512

WRONG, that doesn't hold true one bit. Servers have a daughtercard slot, that the daughtercard plugs into - in PLACE of the system memory slots.

Also, why in the world did you "buy" this make believe daughtercard to plug an equal amount of memory into it, that the system could already handle?

Why don't you just show us this daughtercard of yours? Or did you sell if for an insane amount of cash. I bet since that was the only one of it's kind, it went for a pretty penny. I bet there were people lining up for a chance to give their system the capability to spilt their 512mb latch into TWO 256mb latches.

Last edited:

Ku-sama

banned
cause i bought two daughter boards for my system that had two slots, making it so i can install 4x128s that i already had, insted of purchasing more memory i bought the daughterboards off ebay so i wouldent have to buy more RAM, and guess what, my system ran with 512mb of ram insted of 256.... have you personally used a RAM daughterboard outside of thoes servers?

Ku-sama said:
cause i bought two daughter boards for my system that had two slots, making it so i can install 4x128s that i already had, insted of purchasing more memory i bought the daughterboards off ebay so i wouldent have to buy more RAM, and guess what, my system ran with 512mb of ram insted of 256.... have you personally used a RAM daughterboard outside of thoes servers?

Do you have any proof other than your fairy tails that these daughtercards of yours exist? Also, I told you obsolete systems used daughtercards.

You keep posting links to system memory to show proof for your daughtercards.

Also, 4x128 is 512MB, just like 256x2 is 512MB. Also, how did TWO of these magical daughtercards fit into the same system? Oh I see, they must have stacked on top of each other. Daughtercards are like small motherboards, that plug into the system motherboard. However, the ones in question are used for system memory. There isn't ROOM for more than one, let alone two slots for the actual daughtercard.

Ku-sama said:
i used them at school before, but last summer when i was first learning about computers, i tried to upgrade my RAM to 1gb in a compaq Deskpro EN, which supports 384MB so obvioustly it didnt work out like i planned, but ill look around for you, i just did a quick 2 minuet search for them as proof, hence why its a SIMM daughterboard, not a DIMM

Also, I like how you changed your story. However, you will have to change it again.. We also have Deskpro ENs at work, as they are the desktop models that came with the servers for the building. They have NO slots for a daughtercard. They only have two SDRAM slots, and do not support more than 256MB of SDRAM (2x128). That is a limit in their BIOS.

Also, where did you get 384MB from? How does one slot support more than the other? :eek:

Does one slot support a maximum of 128MB, while the other supports a maximum of 256MB? :rolleyes:

Care to come up with something new?

In any case, sorry to "hijack" this thread like this. I thought it was necessary to prevent the original poster from being led in the wrong direction. The only recourse you have, is to get a new motherboard. If you are lucky, the motherboard manufacturer might have an updated BIOS out that supports higher capacity memory latches.

Last edited:

Ku-sama

banned
A RAM DAUGHTERBOARD PLUGS INTO THE ACTUAL RAM SLOT, NOT AN ACTUAL DAUGHTERBOARD THAT IS STACKED ON THE MOTHERBOARD, Not all daughterboards are ment as an actual extension of the motherboard, just an extension, you can have two RAM Daughterboards, one plugging into one slot, and another into a diffrent, i no longer have these daughterboards, but i still have the system they were plugged into, i left one RAM slot open on the mobo so both of the cards would fit, and have you ever heard of diffrent modles of a computer? take the Gateway 2000 for example, there are many diffrent types, my Deskpro was of this type
http://images.google.com/images?q=t...0TECH%20BB/Compaq%20Deskpro%20EP%206350_2.JPG
not of this type
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:zKSMTI189yQJ:www.bustag.co.jp/pictures/126096.jpg
or even
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:kv9fGsJGuJAJ:nemesis.tuportal.com/Compaq%20Deskpro.JPG
or even
http://images.google.com/images?q=t...ol.com/jdwtopguy/images/computers/deskpro.jpg
so next time you think you know the exact computer i own, think again :p

Ku-sama

banned
wait, im sorry, i take it back, my computer was slightly diffrent, my power buttion is vertical, not horizontal

Ku-sama said:
A RAM DAUGHTERBOARD PLUGS INTO THE ACTUAL RAM SLOT, NOT AN ACTUAL DAUGHTERBOARD THAT IS STACKED ON THE MOTHERBOARD, Not all daughterboards are ment as an actual extension of the motherboard, just an extension, you can have two RAM Daughterboards, one plugging into one slot, and another into a diffrent, i no longer have these daughterboards, but i still have the system they were plugged into, i left one RAM slot open on the mobo so both of the cards would fit, and have you ever heard of diffrent modles of a computer? take the Gateway 2000 for example, there are many diffrent types, my Deskpro was of this type
http://images.google.com/images?q=t...0TECH%20BB/Compaq%20Deskpro%20EP%206350_2.JPG
not of this type
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:zKSMTI189yQJ:www.bustag.co.jp/pictures/126096.jpg
or even
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:kv9fGsJGuJAJ:nemesis.tuportal.com/Compaq%20Deskpro.JPG
or even
http://images.google.com/images?q=t...ol.com/jdwtopguy/images/computers/deskpro.jpg
so next time you think you know the exact computer i own, think again :p

Okay, so you now post pictures proving the existence of a desktop computer made by Compaq. What does this have to do with your experience with real daughtercards?

I personally think you have NO idea what you are talking about. You said you just started learning about computers a year ago? Well, I have been learning about them for over 8 years now. I am a lab-tech for a major corporation.

Why don't you continue to learn before you start to post pictures and irrelevant information that has NOTHING to do with the argument at hand. That's also known as a logical fallacy...

Also, if a daughterboard could plug into a systems memory slots, they there wouldn't be room for two of them, would there?

Again, you stated you worked with Compaq Deskpro ENs. The other Deskpros aren't EN models, they are different.

Oh, and by the way, we do have three different Deskpro models in the back storage room for our old outdated equipment.

Last edited:

Rizin

Okay, so now I see images of desktops... but I have yet to see these daughterboards you used! Those cases could have anything inside! For all we know cookie monster himself is living in one!

wait, im sorry, i take it back, my computer was slightly diffrent, my power buttion is vertical, not horizontal

You say "my computer was slightly different," and one line later you say "my power buttion is vertical". Are you currently using this machine and its mystical daughterboards?

Last edited:

Ku-sama

banned
because you said you have deskpros at work that couldent fit daughterboards, mine can, so in that reveliancy, you were way wrong.... as for this arguement, say what you want, i know what worked for me, not you, so you go with what you say and ill go with what i say and nowadays experiance means nothing as its all about how you got schooled, and i am A+ certified thank you very much, i work for Trancend building diffrent computers all day long so its not like im sheltered from diffrent computer components all day, as for the original question of the thread, dude.... just get larger compacity RAM chips...

Ku-sama said:
because you said you have deskpros at work that couldent fit daughterboards, mine can, so in that reveliancy, you were way wrong.... as for this arguement, say what you want, i know what worked for me, not you, so you go with what you say and ill go with what i say and nowadays experiance means nothing as its all about how you got schooled, and i am A+ certified thank you very much, i work for Trancend building diffrent computers all day long so its not like im sheltered from diffrent computer components all day, as for the original question of the thread, dude.... just get larger compacity RAM chips...

Being A+ certified doesn't mean a thing. That's already apparent, as you have already made so many mistakes in this thread.

I know they wouldn't work for you, as I have used those Proliant servers, and those Deskpros. They do not support, or work like you say they do.

Did your A+ exam cover Proliant servers and daughtercards? I know for a fact that they didn't. The only way you learn about that technology is if you work with it.

Ku-sama

banned
chaosblizzard said:
Oh, and by the way, we do have three different Deskpro models in the back storage room for our old outdated equipment.

tomarrow, tell me how many PCI slots yours has, and many ISA slots it has, the speed of its AGP, how many diffrent dip switches it has, the type of CPU socket yours has, amout of DIMM slots you have, and the southbridge chip modle is for your proof

Ku-sama

banned
chaosblizzard said:
Being A+ certified doesn't mean a thing. That's already apparent, as you have already made so many mistakes in this thread.

I know they wouldn't work for you, as I have used those Proliant servers, and those Deskpros. They do not support, or work like you say they do.

Did your A+ exam cover Proliant servers and daughtercards? I know for a fact that they didn't. The only way you learn about that technology is if you work with it.

guess i covered the whole "working with it" part now havent i?

Ku-sama said:
guess i covered the whole "working with it" part now havent i?

You work in a PC repair shop, so no you haven't. Go work for a company that has an a few Active Directory DCs. Then you can come back here and talk about your experience.

Ku-sama said:
tomarrow, tell me how many PCI slots yours has, and many ISA slots it has, the speed of its AGP, how many diffrent dip switches it has, the type of CPU socket yours has, amout of DIMM slots you have, and the southbridge chip modle is for your proof

Why should I do that again? Is this so you can warp a story about how a daughtercard can plug into a PCI slot as a standard like you HAVE been saying?

Why don't you come back tomorrow with the BRAND and MODEL of the daughtercards you "used."

Last edited:

Ku-sama

banned
not a PC repair show guy, we build and sell computers to companys, putting out on average 250 computers a month.... i build about 90-110 of thoes... we sell all sorts of diffrent computers

Ku-sama said:
not a PC repair show guy, we build and sell computers to companys, putting out on average 250 computers a month.... i build about 90-110 of thoes... we sell all sorts of diffrent computers

You still have nothing to do with Servers, Networks or Active Directory. I can train a monkey to assemble a computer. Stop thinking servers and network infrastructures are in the same ball part as your PC "show" guy business.

It sounds like your a factory worker to me, and not even a PC repair shop technician. Anyone can stand in an assembly line, and put a part onto a system as it comes down the conveyer belt.

Ku-sama

banned
chaosblizzard said:
Why should I do that again? Is this so you can warp a story about how a daughtercard can plug into a PCI slot as a standard like you HAVE been saying?

Why don't you come back tomorrow with the BRAND and MODEL of the daughtercards you "used."

like i have said a billion times, the daughterboard didnt plug int othe PCI slots, it pluges into the existing RAM slots and like i have said another billion times, i have thrown away the cards that were purchased on ebay and used for a month

Ku-sama said:
like i have said a billion times, the daughterboard didnt plug int othe PCI slots, it pluges into the existing RAM slots and like i have said another billion times, i have thrown away the cards that were purchased on ebay and used for a month

Yes, and as I have said, and you have ignored, there isn't any room for two of them, even if that were possible. Not to forget the fact that two slots can't max out at 384MB. Not unless one slot has a maximum capacitance support of 128MB, and the other 256MB.

Perhaps you threw them out, becasue you bought daughtercards that wouldn't work for your application?

Ku-sama

banned
wtf does networking have to do with a ****ing daughterboard? and just so you know, i build and setup the computers, the setup takes maybe.... 20 minuets total on top of the 20-30 minuet build time for the actual computer, as i use a harddrive ghosting program over a network

Status
Not open for further replies.