expansion slots dont come with screws?

0bAm3

i bought a new pre build pc and i want to put a wifi card in but i realized my expansion slots dont have a screw, they just seem to open by pushing them open like a door. what i want to know is what type of screw will work in an expansion slot or if wifi cards come with screws.

0bAm3

im thinking about using one of the 4 thumb screws used for holdimg my side panel on because they fit in but that means on corner of my side panel is open so i could maybe tape it closed or look for somethng that may work

beers

Staff member
Usually the case comes with a pack of screws where the larger ones like the one on your GPU will fit in the hole.

Really depends on the case, some of them come with preinstalled screw covers, some of the less expensive ones like yours are just a removable sheet.

If you didn't want to borrow an external case one you can steal the top one from your GPU, I'd just make sure the lower one is snug.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Just go to a computer store and ask for screws to attach expansion cards. Heck even the local repair place should have them and charge a little for them.