explrere.exe bad image

LTSPLAY

hey guys/girls,

ive got a problem with one of my computers, when i boot up i get to the desktop and i get an error saying " The application or DLL c://windows/system32/browseui.dll is not a valid windows image. please check this against your installation disk"

can anyone tell me what this is and how to fix it,, i cant check anything against anything cos its just a big paperweight with a desktop atm, there are no icons and i cant do anything except open "task manager"

thanks for any help ASAP

Aaron

Xelogen

im thinking the best cure for that sorta problem is to either repair or reinstall windows using the instalation disk that should have come with your comp

davidireland

Xelogen said:
im thinking the best cure for that sorta problem is to either repair or reinstall windows using the instalation disk that should have come with your comp

But before you do...go to start --> run. type "msconfig" and go to the startup tab and uncheck everything that you dont want. If you don't know what something is, uncheck it. You should uncheck as much as u possibly can, even all if you want to. Then, boot up and see if the error still comes. If not, great! If so...duno what to tell ya.