Ext HardDrive advice

August

Hey guys, I need advice on an EXT Hard drive. Currently I have "Toshiba 3T Hard drive" and have a lot of important data on it. However, lots of reviews on this product on Newegg say that this drive sucks. Guess that's what I get for buying at Walmart. anyways Has anyone had any problems with this drive?

I am also thinking about getting a new one and file transforing,, what hard drive is a good one?

Geoff

VIP Member
I really hope that isn't the sole location of your data.

That drive in particular is probably just as reliable as most external hard drives out there, in that they are great for backups but not reliable enough to be the only place to store data. Any mechanical hard drive in fact is historically not very reliable, you should purchase another drive as a backup so you have two copies of your important data.

strollin

If your data is critical, not only do you want multiple copies but you also want to store the copies in separate locations. If all copies are stored at your house and your house burns down...

The VCR King

The external hard drives I have used, and swear buy, are the Toshiba Canvio drives. They work on all Windows machines and are made for USB 3.0.

Geoff

VIP Member
The external hard drives I have used, and swear buy, are the Toshiba Canvio drives. They work on all Windows machines and are made for USB 3.0.
Just be sure you have data stored in at least one more place, having data only on an external drive is not a good idea.