External Hard Drive with Xbox 360

JLuchinski

Not sure where to post this, but if I purchase a movie from Zune can I store it to and external hard drive? Because mine is the 4 gb version, I want to buy a movie but don't want to pay an arm and a leg for an Xbox hard drive.

jonnyp11

you can buy a lappy hdd and just take apart your xbox's hdd enclosure and it fits in there.

Or just get a normal external hdd (assuming it will work since it does with usb drives) and it lets you select an amount of the drive that it will then partition and format into its file system and code it to prevent hacking and all (really easy with like 2 programs, i've modded fallout and MW2), and just save the movie to it.

JLuchinski

Yeah I have an external usb enclosure, I put a 500 gb hard drive in it but it's only seeing 16 gb. It turns out that when you purchase movies through Zune you can just stream them whenever you want, I thought it saved the movie to the drive. I have a 2.5 in drive that came from a Macbook, I put it in to the Xbox enclosure but it didn't work. Oh well, thanks for the help.