extremely depressed... new pc won't boot! urgent help!

reciprokal

ok...finally i got a chance to test my mobo.. but things didn't work at all..

my mobo is Asus A8N SLI e-deluxe

when i turned on the power , the green light on the A8N is on,I connected my LCD 's VGA cable to my 6600GT PCI-E, but there is no screen or anything on the monitor... i am sure I connected all the power cables correctly. i tried to clear the CMOS, but still no use. well i don't have any drives or hardrive connected to the mobo yet, but even though there should be BIOS screen show up on the screen right?? i also realized and tested that one of the chassis fan pin is not working...PLEASE HELP........................... :confused: :confused: :( :(

lynx6200

Sounds like somethings up with your video card, is that brand new as well? Make sure its pushed in all the way, I made mistakes like thet where i connected the card and it wouldnt work cause it wasnt fully inserted.

Yeti

VIP Member
Are you getting any beeps at all during startup? Is everything running that should be (ie CPU fan)?

Yeti

VIP Member
nope... there is no beep... the fans are running fine... but no screen.......=/
Try taking your memory out and gfx card out (one at a time) and see if you get a beep code (this is assuming you have your PC speaker hooked up :))

jesbax

check your cpu to make sure it is in place right. With the cpu not in the mobo right the computer will do nothing.

reciprokal

Yeti said:
Try taking your memory out and gfx card out (one at a time) and see if you get a beep code (this is assuming you have your PC speaker hooked up :))

tried... no beep no screen

reciprokal

right now i am thinking that would it be the problem if i am using PC2100 ram? though the ASUS A8N SLi does support PC2100..... :(

man.... i guess it is time to contact ASUS for a new board.............. :mad:

Yeti

VIP Member
There shouldn't be a problem with using PC2100. Also, if there is no RAM installed there should be a beep code which would lead me to believe that you have a bad motherboard (unless a bad CPU would cause that... does anyone know if that's possible?).

reciprokal

well, i gues i have found the problem... there is a small part of the mobo been damaged or melted... i have uploaded the pic

DSC00800.jpg

so do u guys think that could be the problem??? :( :(

stratford

reciprokal said:
ok...finally i got a chance to test my mobo.. but things didn't work at all..

my mobo is Asus A8N SLI e-deluxe

when i turned on the power , the green light on the A8N is on,I connected my LCD 's VGA cable to my 6600GT PCI-E, but there is no screen or anything on the monitor... i am sure I connected all the power cables correctly. i tried to clear the CMOS, but still no use. well i don't have any drives or hardrive connected to the mobo yet, but even though there should be BIOS screen show up on the screen right?? i also realized and tested that one of the chassis fan pin is not working...PLEASE HELP........................... :confused: :confused: :( :(
TAKE THE BIOS BATTERY OUT AND UNPLUG THE POWER CABLE FROM THE MOTHERBOARD. PLUG POWER BACK IN FAN MAY GIVE A QUICK BURST SO DONT JUMP. PUT BATTERY BACK. AND TRY TO BOOT.IF OK YOU WILL HAVE TO RESET BIOS TO HOW YOU HAD IT BEFORE.

reciprokal

thanks for the reply... actually i got a new board last week, everything is working now...

my old one was fired with no reason and i contacted asus, they said that if the damage was caused by mishandling, warranty will not cover it and i will have to pay like $70CAD + $30CAd shipping to the states(if repairable)... but i know they would want me to pay because of the wording in their e-mail.. so i was like #^@^#*@ this.... :rolleyes: