F@H... Grr...

PC eye

banned

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Is it expensive? I usually cant afford alot of 98SE's... or XPs...

And I'm not going to pay $59 for support from MS... Think I'm going to call them tomorrow...

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Yeah... I know that but

1. I dunno much about it
2. Will Halo work on it?
3. Every piece of software + games i bought were designed for windows.
4. I am calling ms tomorrow this issue.

My dad told me this was all right (using several computres and stuff) and I believed him as he worked at Inteplast and had dealt with many servers/computers and stuff, he said only companies needed another key..

oscaryu1

VIP Member
!!!!!!!! I've left my 2.8GHz cmoputer on for around 1 HR and it hasnt finished one WU even yet??? How long is it SUPPOSED to take?

Sorry for my expressions I'm kinda ... annoyed...

Deepblue

yea your dad is wrong, I dont know if i would go as far as calling MS and what ever you do i wouldnt give them my product code they may disable it.

you have violated the service agreement and they would have the right to disable your key. I would just stop running them and run linux.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Ok just saw...

My reaction to 2 days until an WU is finished:

:eek::eek: Jet/Ceewi1 you leave your computer on that long?!@@?@?

Jet

VIP Member
Kinda annoying me... I've read it and I wanna know...

I currently have 23 computres, about half of them have internet access, would:

Intel Pentium 4 / Pentium 4 / Core 2 Duo / Intel Pentium
1.43GHz / 2.8GHz @ 2.96GHz / 1.8Ghz (e4300) / 200MHz MMX
448MB / 768MB / 1GB / 114MB
ECS P4VXMS / Pc Chips P25G / Abit IP-95 / Foxconn Skt 7

Can I run them all at the same time? Can I register them all under my name?

I usually leave my cmoputers on for no reason...

Would any of these help too?

Sempron 2600+ @ 1.9GHz / 700MHz / 500MHz (Armada)
256+64 / 192MB / 256MB

Would running 5 of these at the same time work? I can get them all as my user name?

... HOW DO YOU RUN IT?!?!?!?

I've installed it on the 1.43GHz, the latest one, I have NO IDEA how the heck to use it, I cant find it under Programs either!

Okay. As far as installing it goes, here's the list: http://folding.stanford.edu/download.html

For simplicity's sake, you just need the top two. Ie, you need the 2000/XP/Vista graphical client for 2000, XP, or Vista, and you need the 98/ME graphical client for Windows 98 or ME ;). Follow the directions here: http://www.computerforum.com/421903-post3.html

However, since it is illegal to have multiple computers off of the same windows reg, another choice would be to run linux, and use the "Linux Console (x86) and BSD" client, the 7th one on the page.

As long as you have the same Team number (44538 in our case), and Username (Whatever you wanted) for each client, all the points from all the computers will be going to that same username on the stats board.

I wouldn't suggest running F@H on anything with less than 1Ghz, just because it isn't worth the power usage for the work they do.

Reguarding power usage, make sure that whoever pays for the power at your house is okay with you using up all that power. It would be great if you could run all of the computers, but if power is an issue, just run it on the fastest one/s. ie, your E4300.

Ok just saw...

My reaction to 2 days until an WU is finished:

:eek::eek: Jet/Ceewi1 you leave your computer on that long?!@@?@?

24/7/nearly 365

Some people have hundreds of computers on 24/7, dedicated to folding.

Ben

VIP Member
But still.... Wow.. Ok thanks, trying to download Linux...

PS - anyone know if halo will work on linux?

Well if I understood all the posts correctly...

Cant you just run Windows XP on your main rig, and then put linux on all the other folding computers?

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Decided to buy more O/Ses...

PS - My laptop used to have an XP coa, it was an Compaq and Dell, Do I have to buy an Dell and Compaq XP Home CD or can I just use any Home CD?