Face Book log in/sign on Issue

Da Mail Man

Greetings All,
Have an unusual problem that started about 4 days ago....

1)...I attempted to log into (henceforth referred to as "FB") and got a page asking for a code that was indicate the page would send me to my e-mail account assigned to FB.....

2)...Doing some reading, it was indicated that scammers/hackers are attempting to discover and/or access my FB account where they would have "free reign"....

3)....I clicked on "send me the code" or similar and after 5+ attempts, never received a code of any sorts....

4)...I DO NOT have "2-part" authentication enabled....

5)....I was able to only get into FB messenger and send/receive but, cannot get to the page where I can change my password or similar...

6)...I also tried using a different computer with a different operating system - same results...

7)...I did send a "help" communication via the FB messenger page I was on explaining the situation last night but, not going to hold my breath for any help from FB...

Any way to "get back in"?....Starting a new FB account is not going to happen...

Attachments

• code request pict.jpg
    code request pict.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
That's not even what the 2FA screen looks like on Facebook. Are you sure you're actually going to facebook.com?

Da Mail Man

Thanks for the reply(ies)...
Yes, to actually going to facebook ...I have a shortcut on my desktop and, even manually entered to get to FB login page....I figure that if it was fully hacked, that I wouldn't be able to get in at all, but, can get into fb messenger w/o typically signing in...........BTW, what is "2FA"?

Last edited:

Couriant

I had to check because I didn't think FB sent codes via email, and according to their help page article, they only use codes from a 3rd party authenticator like Duo Mobile or Google Authenticator, from an SMS code you signed up with, or from a security key like a YubiKey.

As for your No. 4.... you may have not had it enabled, but if your account was compromised then most likely it has been now by a bad actor as you would not see any request for a 2FA if you did not set it up.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Sounds like your FB has been hacked and they changed your email address. It's weird you can log into messenger.

Couriant

Sounds like your FB has been hacked and they changed your email address. It's weird you can log into messenger.
I have been wondering about that... I have a friend that blocked someone on Facebook, but the person was still able to message her in Messenger app. I am not sure if they are completely linked. Maybe once you are signed in, it keeps you signed in until you sign out?