Facebook Marketing Help! :)

iKokomo

Ok, I know this is a super broad topic but I would like to learn more about Facebook marketing and advertising on it. I know Facebook is the hot way to market today.

Now before you all see google it, I know that there are millions of websites that claim to teach how to do it, but I know that a lot of the are scammy type websites, false information or just plain out of date. I would like to know the following:

1. What are some good places or websites to learn the basics of facebook marketing and advertising

and

2. Do any of you have any experience with FB marketing? What are your best tips and tricks?

I am doing this for a local music store and would like to increase foot traffic in the store / get the name out there.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Laquer Head

Ok, I know this is a super broad topic but I would like to learn more about Facebook marketing and advertising on it. I know Facebook is the hot way to market today..

I use Ad Blocker Plus to prevent bullshit like this from taking over my screen. Poor way to advertise in my opinion.

Darren

Staff member
I use Ad Blocker Plus to prevent bullshit like this from taking over my screen. Poor way to advertise in my opinion.
It's not in the least. The vast majority of PC users, particularly those that are on Facebook a lot, don't use AdBlockers. I run my repair shops Facebook page. We spent I think 5 dollars to promote a post and it went from the usual 40 or so people reached to a couple thousand. You pay a small amount and it pushes that content to a massive amount of people. Facebook doesn't show you absolutely everything your following/liked, or it would be endless. Also if you're posting directly from the company's Facebook page it's not considered an ad and just a regular old post from any other page you've liked. I have uBlock (far superior to AdBlock) and it doesn't block this stuff because it's not really advertisements in the conventional sense.

Agent Smith

I've used Facebook ADs to market my own computer forum. It's not that expensive. The ADs are more in the form of a suggested page in your feed. If you want to really create an AD campaign, create a webiste and then go to the Fiverr website and search for SEO. SEO stands for (Search Engine Optimization)

You could get by with a shared host at stable host. Use cPanel to install WordPress. But be warned. WordPress is a bloody magnet to attackers and spamers. If you chose to go this route let me know. I can give you names of plugins to use for security and ways to guard your website. I have two WordPress sites. I can install them in 5 minutes. LOL

Ok, I know this is a super broad topic but I would like to learn more about Facebook marketing and advertising on it. I know Facebook is the hot way to market today.

Now before you all see google it, I know that there are millions of websites that claim to teach how to do it, but I know that a lot of the are scammy type websites, false information or just plain out of date. I would like to know the following:

1. What are some good places or websites to learn the basics of facebook marketing and advertising

and

2. Do any of you have any experience with FB marketing? What are your best tips and tricks?

I am doing this for a local music store and would like to increase foot traffic in the store / get the name out there.

Thanks a lot for your help!
I would actually be more interested in Instagram marketing, This is mostly because of how effective it is....