Facebook missing comments

crescere

So I was having a heated discussion with a Facebook friend when he unfriended me. His posts are gone from my homepage, but the posts I made to him are also gone. On Facebook it says there are 10 comments, but they are all gone. How did he delete my posts from my homepage? I am not very knowledgeable about Facebook. Thanks to all who help.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
He has either blocked you so you won't see any of his comments/posts or possibly set his privacy levels so that only friends can see his posts. If you can access his profile page then he has the privacy level so that you can't see his posts, if you can't access his profile then he has you blocked.

crescere

But I don't see the posts I wrote TO HIM on my own wall. If he unfriended me I can see his posts would disapear, but why are mine gone?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Because you used your wall to post to his profile. Again, if he has blocked you, YOU CAN'T SEE NOTHING AT ALL THAT INVOLVES HIM. It's that simple.

crescere

I hate to be a pain, but I posted a comment on my wall whereupon he came into my wall and disagreed with what I said. All posts were to MY wall, both his and mine. Then he unfriended me and suddenly everything is gone. I just don't see how he can block what used to be on MY wall.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Anything that you have posted or messaged him will not be accessible. Once you get blocked, fb removes posts from your view pertaining to that person. Doesn't matter if it was on your wall or not.

crescere

Okay I just want to be sure this was not some censorship from FB. In the future how do I preserve what I wrote in case someone else simply unfriended me?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Screenshot everything? But why be so concerned about it? I would be more concerned on why I was blocked.