Facebook risks?

pcgeek

Hi I was wondering if someone may help me with a question.
It is lame and sad so please just go down to my novice level if you are able.

I am an active facebook user and I use it for marketing and networking. It does irritate me when I see bad things and people playing online social games and maniuplating friends and messing around with relationships when they should be loyal but anyway the part that I am coming to is I have been reading about the various dangers associated with facebook.
I read:http://www.pc1news.com/news/0096/facebook-users-literally-face-security-risks-.html and I also read http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/credit-and-loans/idfraud/article.html?in_article_id=422517&in_page_id=&ito=1565 the 2nd one is about the hidden facebook dangers.

My question is the following:Should I just remove myself from facebook and how would I do this? I am getting quite paranoid as my boyfriends account just went mad and said he had violated a rule and he didnt and was a mess up someone said he was a facebook "fishing"? victim or something?

Should I leave facebook and is there some type of virus protection or anything I can buy if I do stay to minimise the risk? help :(:mad::D:rolleyes::eek:

stevedude

there are millions of people on facebook everyday forget everything you read in those articles. don't leave facebook for that reason. but if you don't want anyone in the world to view your profile i suggest you limit it to your friends and people in your network. also the applications are safe facebook wouldn't allow them if they weren't

FXB

When publishing personal information on the internet there is always a risk. Facebook is known too sell users account information to third-party companies for money. Although alot of websites gather information from you with cookies. It is impossible to to be invisible on the web. Have a look at peekyou They surf the internet to gather information about everyone(this is not illegal). You can remove your information from there website but it is long and frustrating.

Long story short the least you put on the internet the safer you are.