Failing to update?

The Chad

Recently (since 4-5 days ago) everytime I shut down my computer it installs an update. I think it says about 4 every time. Then, when I turn on my computer it says configuring windows or applying update. This is screen is here for a long time. It's stuck on 0% complete until skipping to the home screen.

If its doing this every time, and I doubt its different updates each time, is it maybe failing to install the update each time but it continues to try?

Any solutions? :confused:

wolfeking

banned
try the updates one at a time, and see if it will install some but not all of them. Then once you figure out which update is screwed up, we can help you find a fix for it.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Try turning off the updating option in Windows operating system.This usually happens when an automatic updates are turned on and when you connect to the internet,Windows operating system automatically looks for updates and installs them on shutdown.

After disabling the updates,perform the REPAIR of your Windows operating system using it's CD/DVD-ROM disk.The repair process will delete all the crappy updates that are causing you those problems.

So try that first.

Cheers!