Fake network connection

Lax

VIP Member
I recently got another network connection of my machine. It's "local area connection 2" even though I only have 1 adapter and 1 connection. It says it's ip is 4.0.1.0 and it's subnet mask is 255.255.255.255 It's connecte at 30Mbps and has sent and received no data. I don't know where it came from or how it got there but I don't think it's there for a good reason. It also won't allow me to disable it with the error "This connection may be using one or more protocols that do not cupport plug-and-play, or may have been initiated by another user or the system account" Any info on this would be appreciated.

P.S. I just disconnected the internet from my computer yet IT still remained connected. It says it's been connected as long as I've had my computer on (1 hour). It also has no physical address (mac addy). Also found out it is the "microsoft TV/Video connection" or so says its properties.

P.S.S. never mind. I figured out what it was. I had messed up my tuner card and it got a little confused. I removed it and then put it back in and the connection went away. Still a little wierd though that it added a seperate connection.

Still would be kinda interesting to find out why it did that though.

Last edited:

Lax

VIP Member
Praetor said:
4.0.1.0 is prolly related to a camera or something ... ignore it :)
Ah thank you. Atleast now I know what might have caused it now and why.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I dunno but i would guess its a WindowsXP thing that tries to setup the video device (camera, tv tuner etc) to be internet-friendly ... way to go windows :p