Falling Through Ground of WOW, other issues...

TechShark

It's been about 2 years since i last played wow and recently i thought i'd install it on my computer again to have something to do those time's i catch myself bored.

after taking about 5 hours to install, patches and everything.
I started up WOW and noticed my old Username and password are no longer working, i notice i have to merge my account with battle.net.

I proceed to do this, and no where along this process do i see something that allows me to recover my old character i used to play with. (i move on thinking i will come across this later)

So after creating a Battle.net account and Merging it, My login is now my Email address and my battle.net password.

Still dont see my old character, I was frustrated by this but continued to play anyway just because i haven't played since i had my old computer and wanted to see how this computer handled the game.

So i start the game with my new lvl 1 character and as soon as the game loads in IronForge, My character falls through the floor and continues to fall to my death..

i dont know what's going on here, i'v read that people with sound cards have had this problem among other things that can cause this problem. I do have a Sound Blaster live 24bit, but i'm not sure if that's what's causing the problem?

any help on these issues? Character Recovery and Falling through the ground of WOW?

Jblac15

Are you logged into the same server that you used to play on? Your characters are saved on certain servers. As far as the other problem I have no clue.

TechShark

I read on the WOW forums, that this issue (falling through wow floor) can be caused by have more than one audio device Enabled.

I recently installed a Sound Blaster Live! 24 bit (took out of my ooold comptuer)

i just plugged it in and it worked, but i never disabled the onboard sound device.

How do i do this?

TechShark

I also checked wowarmory.com and notice that my character doesnt appear there anymore,

There are other ones with the same name , race and class but different realms and levels.

g4m3rof1337

I read on the WOW forums, that this issue (falling through wow floor) can be caused by have more than one audio device Enabled.

I recently installed a Sound Blaster Live! 24 bit (took out of my ooold comptuer)

i just plugged it in and it worked, but i never disabled the onboard sound device.

How do i do this?

Look for your audio/speaker icon on your taskbar or control panel, then just disable the onboard.

I also checked wowarmory.com and notice that my character doesnt appear there anymore,

There are other ones with the same name , race and class but different realms and levels.

Maybe contact Blizzard and see if there's a way to resurrect your account.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, to recover your old characters you'll have to call Blizzard. You may well have had them stolen while your account was supposed to be inactive.

I have 2 sound cards enabled and have never fallen through the ground but I suppose it's possible. That said, I've never heard of that problem before. Have you tried their bug report forum?

thevil1

Sorry to interrupt, but can you play WoW free using battle.net? I've played before but only the free trial accounts.

TechShark

Sorry to interrupt, but can you play WoW free using battle.net? I've played before but only the free trial accounts.

You still have to pay....

An another note.

Disabling the on-board sound did the trick! Game works fine now and i am no longer falling through the ground into the abyss.

Pretty weird that i had to do this though, I never played a game that had a problem with me having a sound card and the integrated sound enabled at the same time.

Now just to get my hacked character back.:confused:

Rit

I see that you 'merged' your account, but does it actually show the WoW icon in your battlenet account?

TechShark

You dont even notice the Battle.net.. the only thing that you will notice is when you open wow, it will now say "Enter Battle.net Username: _______________
Password: _______________

Rit

When you log into www.battle.net, Do you see at least this...

Wow.jpg