Fan Positioning For Define R5

Hey guys,

I recently upgraded my system and have added a few fans as well as a corsair H100i. When playing the battlefield 1 beta I noticed the fans getting a little louder than I would like. My hope is to replace the radiator fans and likely the case fans as well.

I can find plenty of recommendations for fans (noctua NF-F12 or corsaid sp120) but cannot figure out how to orient them in the case. Currently the two front case fans are intakes. The radiator fans and rear are exhaust.

Should I position these differently?

Darren

Staff member
Ideally you want front and side as intake and top and back as exhaust, preferably with an even amount of each or one more intake than exhaust (for dust control).

Positive pressure is the goal. Maybe I will add another fan to the bottom of the case as an intake. Was hoping to get by on five fans but one more won't be an issue.

Darren

Staff member
In my experience once you have about 3-4 case fans, adding more doesn't change much. I have my Phantom 410 fully stocked. 2 intake on front, 1 intake on bottom, 1 intake on side, 2 exhaust on top, and 1 exhaust on the back. I used to only run 2 intake and 2 exhaust and my temps don't seem any different now.