Fast internet now a basic human right in Canada!!!

mistersprinkles

The CRTC has declared that high speed internet is a human right for all Canadians! Free internet is a comin our way!

This is fantastic news for people like my Dad who can not afford decent internet and is now guaranteed a 50/10 connection as a human right. What a wonderful thing. I'm so happy!

What do you guys think of this turn of events?

Laquer Head

wait...what.. free internet?????

EDIT: Typical.. from the Toronto Star

"Currently, about 82 per cent of households and businesses receive that level of service. The CRTC wants that increased to 90 per cent by 2021 and to 100 per cent within 10 to 15 years."..

So basically this is all talk and lip service..nothing actually happening anytime soon, and most people are already above these levels anyhow.

Last edited:

aldan

this isnt by any means a ruling by the crtc.it is,as of now,an idea.if it ever comes to fruition it will be minimal.how many of us can deal with 5Mb down and 1 or 2Mb up?

Laquer Head

this isnt by any means a ruling by the crtc.it is,as of now,an idea.if it ever comes to fruition it will be minimal.how many of us can deal with 5Mb down and 1 or 2Mb up?
People get way too excited about things like this... they are talking by 2021 and that is probably horseshit..

Weren't cell phones supposed to be basic right too, a few year back?? LOL

I wonder where that magical, what was it? $750million dollars?, is going to come from...the magicians in Ottawa must be some crafty SOBs to pull that outta thin air..

Laquer Head

We at Bell and Telus and Rogers are happy to provide this great service for you. To provide partial payment please bend over.
For the next 5 years all our current bills will have this new tax added in to pay for the FREE service that people who cant pay now will then benefit from for doing nothing.

It's the Canadian way!!!

Laquer Head

Well, the american way is to raise taxes for people that do work to pay benefits to people that don't want to work or illegals and have tons of kids. What a world we live in..

Same here.. whether its 15,000 Syrians, or just lazy people who don't want to do anything - Canada is the land of opportunity for those who want to welch off the rest of us.

mistersprinkles

I made a mistake, it is not free Internet. They called it a human right or whatever but they're not gonna give it to people for free. Sorry if I got anybody's hopes up. Happy holidays :)

Laquer Head

I made a mistake, it is not free Internet. They called it a human right or whatever but they're not gonna give it to people for free. Sorry if I got anybody's hopes up. Happy holidays :)
My hopes were never up because I'm skeptical as hell, and not gullible enough to believe anything I read online.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Employment causes carbon emissions. Just think of the tax if the employment rate was higher!