• Konquerer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

compchip

Here is another browser poll.

The subject of this one? WHICH BROWSER IS THE FASTEST FOR SURFING?:cool:

EDIT: I don't know what happened, but the poll did not show-up.

RE-EDIT: I got the poll up.

BTW: Does any one have any feedback on IE8. Is it better than IE7? (good idea for a new poll ;)

Last edited:

bomberboysk

Chrome for sure, safari comes in a close second, then firefox and opera(page load times are similar in those for me), and internet explorer at the bottom of my list.

Trio

I'm currently using Opera, and I think it's the fastest. I've tried Chrome and FF before, and they weren't as fast as Opera. I also love Opera's features.

Dropkickmurphys

I chose Chrome...I don't think firefox is the fastest, its one of the most secure, but its only downpoint is that it isnt amazingly fast at loading.

JlCollins005

firefox by far is the fastest ive used, ive tried opera, ie, safari, chrome and maxthon.. firefox was much faster, as far as loading times.. i even tested on a computer with a 700mhz duron and 256mb ram, firefox was still the fastest... So Firefox gets my vote

compchip

There is some diversity among opions,but it appears that the two main contenders are Firefox and Chrome. I thought Firefox would win, but now it looks like Chrome may give it a run for its money.

alexyu

Try it out! It is fairly fast and lightweight browser

Ok, if you say it' so nice I'll try it sometime.

Back on topic, proof for FF fanboys:

chrome_benchmarks.jpg

browser-pageload-times-facebook.png

firefox_chrome_ie8_speed_benchmark.jpg

Enough?

jashsayani

Safari 4 is the fastest. Chrome annoys me a bit. It has several issues that Flash objects... Google needs more devs.

I love Firefox as its fully customizable with plugins, etc. Nothing can beat FF !

Droogie

chrome is faster, but i still use firefox.

i tried chrome out for awhile and shortly went back to firefox...maybe i'll give it another try soon though.

Andy-

Really just depends on what you installed on your browser.
Firefox loads fast, when you first install it, but then you fill it with plugins and that causes it so load slowly.
Same goes for Opera and widgets.
Google chrome is a VERY fast browser, tho not a fan of its functionalities.

Anyway, I vote Chrome.

Trio

So Chrome is the fastest? Too bad it's hideous.

I updated Opera; I'm using Opera 10 alpha, and it's supposedly 30% faster than the last one. I can see a small increase in speed, but it isn't 30% faster. I probably won't switch over to any other browser, now that I've discovered a few of Operas awesome features (mouse gestures).

gamblingman

VIP Member
The browser war

Yeah I love Firefox, with NoScript, BetterPrivacy, Cooliris, Fission, Personas for Firefox, Pluribo, Download Status bar.

the Fox is my go-to-guy for security along with my anti-virus software that also blocks any kind of unknown or selected categories ( I block: dating sites, violence, occult, unknown, spyware, joke programs, chat, web ads, etc...). Firefox is really all I ever use.

Chrome loads videos fast and some java pages definitely have loaded faster than on Firefox. But Chrome lacks all the add-ons, probably due to Google wanting advertising $$$$$!!!

I don't trust I.E. for ANYTHING except Microsoft updating.