Favourite program for burning

ChrisDVD

Hello

What is your favourite program you use for burning data/DVDs.....

Tell what it does, what you like about it.....etc.

Chris

magicman

VIP Member
I use Nero almost exclusively, and I'd be surprised if that didn't come out on top. It's got functions for pretty much any type of shiny disk you'd want to make, and it's got an intuitive user interface.

youtin

Nero. I was able to do all the stuff I needed to do with it on my first try at using the software. No explanations needed.

I use the built-in burner when burning converted avi files to dvd (using ConvertXtoDVD) but that's just 'cause it's there so might as well use it.

....I have a friend who likes using Roxio, though.

Dr Studly

banned
why do tons of people dig Alchohol 120% or w/e... what can it do that other burning programs can't? can it burn "unburnable discs" or something?

magicman

VIP Member
Encore4More said:
why do tons of people dig Alchohol 120% or w/e... what can it do that other burning programs can't? can it burn "unburnable discs" or something?
I have a feeling it's raved about more for its emulation and duplication capabilities than it's burning abilities. :cool:

Geoff

VIP Member
magicman said:
I use Nero almost exclusively, and I'd be surprised if that didn't come out on top. It's got functions for pretty much any type of shiny disk you'd want to make, and it's got an intuitive user interface.
I completely agree, i use Nero 6.6 for almost all of my CD/DVD Burning.

-Geoff

PC eye

banned
AW GEE? I guess I'm stuck with Roxio's Easy Media Creator for data dvds and NEODVD for burning vcds as well as dvds. But then I still keep B's Recorder GOLD on there for backups and new writes of cd-rs.

PC eye

banned
I initially went with Roxio for a Linux project where iso images had to burned to disk. Other writing softwares used didn't support bootable disks made from iso images. But it has performed excellently for other data dvd projects as well.

Starman*

I use Nero. Used to use Adaptec before it become Roxio, mostly because their packet writing software was far superior to Nero's InCD.

The main thing I don't like about Nero is that the compilation files created with the disk and saved in a user database are not readily accessible. Nero has no software (that I know of) for really accessing a user database - say you are trying to find which disk a file is on. Not a big deal for me. I use a utility to catalogue cd/dvd info from the disk into text files and wrote a macro to transfer into a MS Access database where I can search for particular files. I have about 4 million files so having full database capability is important.

Also hate the fact you can't set default column widths and have to adjust every use. So trivial but so annoying!

Many multimedia applications have the capability of burning cds/dvds when the music or video compilation is complete. They are fine but if you want all the disk info in one place, something like Nero is it.

Starman*

anil099

it used to be nero but my nero screwed up on my...i would say roxio bu ti just use sonic now because all i burn is data cds/dvds and some music cds

PC eye

banned
Roxio is great for data dvds while being a nuisance at times waiting for it to configure itself. In fact don't run Spyware Blaster on the same system as Roxio is on. That spy remover starts the Roxio installer on it's own. Figure that one out. That along with Spy Spotter just found the recycle bin. But I'll keep Roxio for those iso images that climb into the gigabytes at times.