FEAR game problem

chriskmee

I am having this weird problem with the FEAR series, i own all 3 and they all seem to have the same problem. i can play them on any settings, even maxed out or minumum, and after about 20 or so minutes i get 5 fps. I usually get a nice steady 50 fps or so. I cant fugure out why this is. any help would be appreciated.

hp dv9500t
4 gigs Ram (shows 3)
8600m gs
core 2 duo 2.4ghtz
vista home prem 32 bit

I thought it was ram because i used to have 2 gigs and vista was using page files for ram, but the extra 2 gigs didn't seem to help. I also dont think its heating as no matter what settings i have, the result is the same. i also have a stand and slight cooling going on. im so confused

DCIScouts

VIP Member
You have 4GB of RAM in your mobo but it only recognizes 3 in Windows? I think that shows that you are having some sort of incompatibility issue between the RAM and either the mobo or Vista. What brand are the new 2GB and does it help to remove them? Also, are they all the same RAM between the 4GB? You could even be having incompatibility issues between the RAM sticks themselves...

meanman

vista 32 will only recognize 3gb of ram vista 64 will recognize more than 3gb of ram,
maybe a background program is runnin in the background time you are playing the game.

chriskmee

Just to clear things up, 32 bit can see 4 gigs... BUT that 4 gigs includes video memory from graphics card. Somehow i have 1 gig of video memory (probally shared memory) so i can only see 3 more. I have noticed that taking out my tv tuner greatly increased the time i could play (it needed like 20% cpu power when recording). but eventually it still hapens. one thing that is weird, can turn the game off and right back on and it works for another 30 min or so...