[Female Voice] System Failed To....

EMO-TOCROSS

I shut down my computer to go over to a friends for a bit, and came back and turned on my computer... "system failed to..(missed the words)" and than shortly after "System failed to...(missed again!). "Will now start up operating system" The Windows XP picture shows with the bar thing loading below. Except there is something different, it looks like hell! I could hardly tell what the hell it was. And than it went to the log on screen, and it was practically a black screen with scrapy white lines in some spots. I turned off the computer. I turned back on the computer, same damn thing. So I turned everything off, unplugged it all, and opened the case. Nothing smelt burn or I couldnt feel heat from anything.. I just unplugged my lamp in the case thinking maybe lack of power. I pushed all the plugs together and all, and put the case and all that back. I pushed the on bottom. "system failed..." GRR!! SO i hit the restart button on the case. And it worked. Everything loaded up fine. Im on it right after that, and am scared to hell of restarting or shutting down the computer now. What happened!

Greg J.

VIP Member
Microsoft EVIL !!! check for spyware/adware

Boy, if that's the case, your computer might be possesed. Man, download program called "Hijack-This" (search Google for it). See what boots up. Check for Spyware with Spy-bot. Also, update your virus scanner definitions and scan for viruses. Those nasty things could've messed up your start-up. Please post back to me. :)

EMO-TOCROSS

But like I think its an hardware problem. Cuz the closest match I think it said was "System failed to boot up cd drive" "system failed to boot up floppy drive". Because when it normally turns on it goes. "CD Drive booted, Floppy drive Booted" er something around that. So do you still think it could be a virus thing, b/c the screen did look nasty

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Um.... did u check the system sounds and stuff? Most operating systems dont "talk" to you (mine does! :D) and ive not heard of a virus/trojan that does either

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Noo its the motherboard saying this stuff, it normally says stuff
Oh that, i think you're the first person i know who's actually used that 'feature'! ... not much anyone can do to help you without the error message

EMO-TOCROSS

Okay I tried turned on the computer this morning, and it showed the motherboared picture like it always does but it looked extremely crappy, like worse than when I had the video card in without the drivers. Than the female voice said [System Completed, Now Loading the Operating System] And the operating system thing loaded and looked like hell too. So I hit the restart button and it did the same as it used to, clear images and the same female voice thing... Is it the PCI Shitty video card Im using rite now?

EMO-TOCROSS

I Mean its like messed up colors, missing parts of the image, some of the image spread around.. It looks like hell, Its hard to figure out what the hell the screen is trying to show you... its bad..

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Oh ok...
1. Check that the video card isnt fried
2. Try running with the "default" BIOS settings to see if that clears it up

EMO-TOCROSS

1. How do I check if it isnt fried? It works right now, its just like I HAVE to hit the restart button on the case in order for it to start up normal... So I dont think it could be fried, or could it?

2. Where do I go to reset the the BIOS Settings to "default"

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. Try pluggin it into another computer?
2. You're running an ASUS board, it should be blatently obvious in BIOS, i cant remember the exact wording but something like "Load Default Settings" or something to that effect (probably right below the "Performance/Optimal Settings" option

:)

EMO-TOCROSS

Okay i'll work with number two tonight, I just dont think its logical the video card is fried since its working fine right now.. I turned up the computer 5 minuites ago at work and it did fine... This is some strange stuff.. But I'll reset the bios settings just incase

EMO-TOCROSS

Okay I got my video card replaced from newegg, and its awsome and works!! w00t w00t .. Doom 3 highest settings no lag!! ANd it doesnt do the stupid female voice failure stuff!! haha w00t w00t

EMO-TOCROSS

lol noo!! high, not Ultra! damn that'd be awsome. and 1900x1600!? You kidding me!? Im in for playing, and I dont want it too realistic, I mean, When i play at night, I freakin jump every thirty seconds, the game scares the hell outa me dude, doesnt it freak you out too? can you run at 1900x1600 @ Ultra!?