File/Database Program

PDJBoy

Can anyone recommend a good program for creating a filing system/database for scanned documents? My intent is something that will have a menu that will give the option of viewing different documents. I am trying to avoid html although I know inevitably I'll have to use it for the online portion of it. Before I set out to create the system in html I wanted to know what my other options are. Thanks.

tristan

Hrmm.. I dunno if this is what you are leaning towards but our company does all of their employee paperwork and documents through Adobe Acrobat Professional. We scan the documents and then sort them into different documents, upload them, and them make links to them on our website.

PDJBoy

Yeah Adobe Acrobat would work. I guess it would just boil to me becoming more proficient with using it. Would using Adobe Acrobat be better than using simple html for organizing the documents?

tristan

Personally I would say so. Most of the newer scanners will scan documents right to pdf format. All you would have to do is merge the documents you want together. I found it extremely easy to use and everyone here does also. I believe this is the easiest/most efficient route (my opinion).