Files Disappearing.

xFenGz

I'm not sure which part of the forum I should post this. Since this is the general computer chat I think it would be okay?

Anyways, I have this weird problem with some of my folders with video files. I have a folder with like 40 gigs of video files. When I delete/rename/cut/paste any video the folder goes blank unless I refresh it then it all comes back. Anyone know why this happens?

It happens even with a folder with only 600megs of videos.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The only thing I can tell you is thats it's somewhat normal for a folder with that much data in it to have issues loading and stuff. I had the same issue when I had too much music in a folder.

Twist86

Well I had the same issue on XP but usually the way I fixed it was put all my files in another folder and delete/remake my primary folder. This usually fixed it when I had it happen. When it didn't I just did a format on my drive which solved this issue.

So you might want to look into it...a timely fix but it never failed me.

*edit*
This has yet to happen on Vista/7 however and I have folders well into the 80-90GB.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Your files are not disappearing.If the folder has MANY MANY MANY files in it,some of the files might be invisible,but they are actually there.So only simple refresh of that current path is needed in order to show all the files again.Try rather to split those files in few subfolders...

However even if the folder has more the 5000 files in it and if its bigger then even 120 GB,this should not be happening.Windows should automatically make a refresh if the folder has too many files in it as soon as you open it.If the automatic refresh doesn't work,repair your operating system.

Cheers!