Filesharing problem...

RhodriM

I have two computers connected via crossover cable.

They are both in the same workgroup.

Computer A can access the workgroup and see both computers in it. However, when it trys to access computer B it gets the message "<computer B> is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource etc The network path was not found."

Computer B can't access the workgroup, as it gets the above message. Any ideas?

Oh and if anyone knows how I can get NET SEND working too that'd be pretty cool :cool:

robina_80

computer b you may need to type in a password if i was you disable the password for computer b also you can do this; control panel-system-computer name and click on network id, it tells you what other people on the network have to type to gain access to that computer.

RhodriM

There is no password on computer b, and in my experience I have been asked to enter a password when trying to connect to password-protected computers on a network - which doesn't happen in this case.

Clicking on network id runs the network id wizard, I already know what the computer names are and that they are in the same workgroup.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Firewall!!

I think it's the firewall. If you use Free ZoneAlarm, then I suggest swicthing to Sygate Personal. I had the same problem, set up the rules and my sis can access anything on my pc and vice versa. I hope this helps.

JAN :D