Final Check for New Computer Build

Stildawn

New Member
How bad ass on a scale from 1 to 10 would that be? haha. What setting you reckon it will run Crysis on?

Thanks for all your help cohen, I went with your suggestions quite abit.

One question though. I was looking at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131225 which looks to be the same mobo?? And I was worried cause one of the comments said "remember Intel doesnt support Sli" will that mean that I cant Crossfire as planned? Or is that a different mobo altogether?? Or is crossfire supported but not Sli (which seems odd cause Ati is owned by Amd, Intels rival)

Cheers
 
Ill be running vista64. Well my current computer (see sig) runs Crysis quite well on medium, do you reckon I can play on very high with this new one.
 
That is good, i forgot one thing though, i would get the Radeon 4870 not the 4850..... 4870 is better.
 
Yeah I was looking at that too, however in New Zealand they are an extra $150 bucks each, is the added performance worth it?

Any idea on the mobo at newegg? As I really dont want to get a mobo that wont work Crossfire?
 
So the Asus wont support Crossfire? I thought it would.

Cause that other one bumps the price quite abit.
 
The site dosen't give much info on the board your looking at.
And alot of the the p35 boards will run crossfire at 16x and 4x (some at 8x and 8x)not full 16x and 16x.
See what others say about how well the performance of 16x and 4x is I'll look around.
 
Last edited:
Lol yeah we'll see what everyone else says.

So your saying that my orginal mobo will run both of them but one of them may not perform as fast? Or does 16x and 4x mean something different altogether?

Cohen seems pretty onto it, haha wonder what he'll say.

Ive also flicked an email off to Pc Online store asking them for more information on the original mobo.
 
Didn't mean to confuse you the motherboard you picked will run one pci-e 16 slot at 16x and one at 4x.
So it has crossfire but not at the full 16x speed.
and that Benchmark link I posted will show you the performance of 4x crossfire vs 16x crossfire.
 
With the majority of things I can get a 80% boost out of the extra card, although now Im planning to save abit more and get two 4870's and the above mobo. Is that mobo good enough to run them both at 16x?

Im pretty sure it is.
 
Back
Top