Final Decision on 1st build

ripken2004

didnt we already go through this before and i gave u a good setup? and again and again ur psu sucks

no need for an xp-90 b/c that mobo wont overclock good anyways, at least get a dfi

I2EN3GADE

ripken the psu doesnt suck. 34 amps on the 12v rail and 30 on the 5. can you tell me whats wrong with that? and i dont plan on overclocking. i dont have the money to spend on the stuff i need.

apj101

VIP Member
had a look, link works fine for me

anyway,
can i ask why are you buying a sound card? you mobo has onboard sound and judging by the speakers you are buying your not a sound guru, and thus onboard sound will be well more than adiquate.

also ripken2004 is right about your choice of xp-90, if your not overclocking then i cant see why you would need anything other than the stock cooling provided with you r cpu.

You also have 4 fans listed in you list, if you add to this your cpu fan and your psu fan that will give you 6 fans int he case.... a bit overkill for a non oc'd system

other than that you're all good to go

I2EN3GADE

lol actually i listen to alot of music and my onboard sound sounds like crap, so thats why i want a soundcard. i might upgrade my speakers later on, but right now my desk doesnt have enough room for a 5.1 or 7.1. and also 1 of the 4 fans was to go on the heatsink. then theres the side panel, back, and front. and wont having a good heatsink like that keep the CPU more stable even if i dont overclock?

apj101

VIP Member
and wont having a good heatsink like that keep the CPU more stable even if i dont overclock?
it will be stable fine with the stock hsf, only when you start overclocking hard do you need to get better cpu cooling.

And i think the onboard sound (which support 7.1) is enough - but it's your money

I2EN3GADE

XHotxEX, every thread i see you post in you tell people to get the 6600 or 6600GT instead, but can you tell me why? Same thing with the HDs. Can you tell me your reasoning for recommending them?

XHotxEx791

They support SM 3.0, which is very useful for upcoming games unless you're going to play using direct x 8.0. ATI has shader model 2.0 and most games aren't even coded in that. So its useless. THe X900 will support SM 3.0, but no ati chip supports it currently and can't be upgraded via software to sm 3.0. As for the hard drive, well hitachi isn't that good of a brand when it comes to hard drives. Seagate also offers a faster response time than most other manufacturers in their drives, western digital is a choice because of quality. maxtor is also good, but i still prefer wd or seagate.

Roger

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
lite-on black ide dvd burner model sohw-1673s bk - retail
you may want a different burner as the recent liteys arent nearly as fast as their old burners :) some suggestions in CD/DVD 101.

of course it does because its stored in your temporary internet folder....
And that would explain why it works for me too :)

also ripken2004 is right about your choice of xp-90, if your not overclocking then i cant see why you would need anything other than the stock cooling provided with you r cpu.
Because you can.

11-217-003-10.JPG

Not the greatest PSU

You also have 4 fans listed in you list, if you add to this your cpu fan and your psu fan that will give you 6 fans int he case.... a bit overkill for a non oc'd system
Hehe my P3 which can be passively cooled mind you ... has 6 fans in it :p 4 Tornados and 2 Sunons

XHotxEX, every thread i see you post in you tell people to get the 6600 or 6600GT instead, but can you tell me why? Same thing with the HDs. Can you tell me your reasoning for recommending them?
I see im not the only one to notice that

for upcoming games unless you're going to play using direct x 8.0.
Wow, one point for the misinformed. SM2.0 does not imply DX8.0. This is why the 9800Pro is a DirectX ... you guessed it ... 9 ... card.

ATI has shader model 2.0 and most games aren't even coded in that. So its useless
Score another point for the misinformed. Firstly it's SM2.0b. Secondly wtf do you know about most games?

As for the hard drive, well hitachi isn't that good of a brand when it comes to hard drives
Misinformed and a fanboy too ... hitatchi is bad ... hmm ... kinda like every other company