Final decision on build ..

I haven't read any of your previous threads so i'm just gonna ask what the pc is for ? Also first off I'd go with 955 instead of 965 http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=10360BD4173&vpn=HDZ955FBGIBOX&manufacture=AMD

I have the same question as above, the processor looks really nice and the motherboard is good, however unless its possible a video editing machine or a light gamer dont quite understand the build if you want some advice just feel free to ask.

edit:
Also yes everything will worktogether properly, just get your self a screwdriver and its ready to go :].

Last edited:

Dervie

I'm sorry I forgot to mention, but my previous thread stated:
Main use:
• Gaming (3D if possible)
• Research
• Entertainment (Music and Videos, etc)
• Multitasking (Listening to music and playing games without minor lag)

Notes:
• I plan to use this computer for years
• I have a monitor, keyboard, and mouse
• I have an OS already, so exclude that
• I need every other part basically

In other words, this is going to be my main computer for awhile. I also plan to play many games, such as MW2, Borderlands, Fear 2, etc.

Also, if I went from 955 to 965, I saved about $20.00, what can I upgrade? I've also posted this on on forums, and they suggest that I upgrade my RAM to atleast 4gb, what RAM can I possibly purchase to fill that?

I was thinking this: http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=13220BD4588
But the total comes to .. $659.50 CAD, is that overall a good price for a computer as such?

Drenlin

That will be ok. I'd go for DDR3 1600 if you're planning to overclock much...you definitely have the cpu for it. Otherwise you're good.

HumanMage

Perhaps go with an ATI 5770 or maybe a 5850? If I'm not mistaken the 9600 is an older card, it would struggle with MW2 or Borderlands. I don't know the system requirements for each game though.

joh06937

That will be ok. I'd go for DDR3 1600 if you're planning to overclock much...you definitely have the cpu for it. Otherwise you're good.

+1. also, either get an hd 5xxx series card or wait for the new nvidia dx11 ones (at least if you want it to last a long time, future proofing never hurts). i know a lot of people don't really like dx11 all that much but i think it really looks great. plus eyefinity...