Final New Computer Specs

SuicideMayne

Here Is The Specs For My New Comp Im Getting..What Do U Think??

Any Input Will Do..

Case:: Thermaltake Soprano VB1000BNS Black Chassis
Processor:: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo
Motherbored:: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR
CPU Cooling:: ZALMAN RESERATOR 1 Fanless Water Cooling System
Video Card:: 2x XFX Geforce 6800GT's
Sound Card:: Soundblaster Audgy 2
Ram:: 2gb Of CORSAIR XMS PC3200
PSU:: Antec NeoPower ATX 480W

SuicideMayne

well i already have one 6800GT...

i dont really wanna buy 2 7800GTX's

because my 6800GT is brand new all i need is one...unless i can use a 6800GT and a 7800GTX lol

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
well i already have one 6800GT...

i dont really wanna buy 2 7800GTX's

because my 6800GT is brand new all i need is one...unless i can use a 6800GT and a 7800GTX lol
Yes but you're buying a videocard, processor, mobo ... you've got the beginnings of a PC there (i.e. two computers). Dunno if you misinterepreted what i said above ... a single 7800GTX will outperform two 6800GTs.

SuicideMayne

that is crazy....so a single 7800 is more powerful then 2 6800's thats nuts.... i dunno i wanted SLI tho.....

maybe i will just get 2 7800gtx's lol

other then that tho how is the comp looking??

and is the water cooling gonna payoff to have im new to watercooling and ima overclock....

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
that is crazy....so a single 7800 is more powerful then 2 6800's thats nuts.... i dunno i wanted SLI tho.....

maybe i will just get 2 7800gtx's lol

other then that tho how is the comp looking??

and is the water cooling gonna payoff to have im new to watercooling and ima overclock....
The comp looks fine ...the watercooling will be much better than forced-air ... personally im not a fan of the Reserator so ill save my comments heh

SuicideMayne

haha...what would u recommend for water cooling then...im new to it...so anyhelp will do..that why im here..

and i just looked what about 2 7800GT's??

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
and i just looked what about 2 7800GT's??
Hmmm two 7800GTs ... very compelling (especially with a potential promise for unlocking pipes) ... in any case, my suggestion is still:
- 1x7800GTX
- With the "saved" money, jack the memory to say OCz VX or Mushkin Redline :D and save whats left after that

SuicideMayne

any suggestions on a watercooling system??

and i dunno i mean i look at it like this another 6800GT will always be better then 1...

but now that u brought up the7800GTX ima look into it

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
any suggestions on a watercooling system??

and i dunno i mean i look at it like this another 6800GT will always be better then 1...

but now that u brought up the7800GTX ima look into it
There are a few cases were SLI actually leads to worse performance (but you wont be able to notice those visually anyways) and sure you're generally right ... 2x6800GT is better than 1x6800GT but yer not comparing to a 6800GT. You're comparing to a 7800GTX. :)

Last edited: