Finding files from Recycle Bin on older harddrive?

IdealIdeas

Recently I helped my friend out by building him a new computer. He got a new harddrive that we installed the OS to and also added the older harddrive to for extra space.

He hadnt formatted or deleted anything from the old harddrive after putting it into his new system.

He recently discovered he needed a file that was on his old harddrive but it was located in the Recycle Bin on his old harddrive.

Ive read that all harddrives share a common Recycle Bin, and he says he hasnt emptied the recycle bin since it being rebuilt, he also states there is no way its at the limit before it starts auto removing deleted files.

Is there anyway we can locate this file he needs back?

He has tried booting through the old harddrive and that doesnt work.

G80FTW

Recently I helped my friend out by building him a new computer. He got a new harddrive that we installed the OS to and also added the older harddrive to for extra space.

He hadnt formatted or deleted anything from the old harddrive after putting it into his new system.

He recently discovered he needed a file that was on his old harddrive but it was located in the Recycle Bin on his old harddrive.

Ive read that all harddrives share a common Recycle Bin, and he says he hasnt emptied the recycle bin since it being rebuilt, he also states there is no way its at the limit before it starts auto removing deleted files.

Is there anyway we can locate this file he needs back?

He has tried booting through the old harddrive and that doesnt work.

There are programs you can use to retrieve deleted files. I have used one before to retrieve pictures from a hard drive that was essentially dead.

As when you delete something on a computer, its generally never really gone. But, I wouldnt expect the file to be working. Chances are, if it can be recovered its probably corrupted. 99% of the pictures I got off that hard drive using a program were corrupted.

http://download.cnet.com/PC-Inspector-File-Recovery/3000-2248_4-10118663.html

Im not 100% sure, but I think thats the program I used. It was many years ago.

Homenet

Try enabling both hidden system files and operating system protected files. Hopefully, you will see a 'Recycler' folder on the root of the drive which will contain the files from the recycle bin.