finding led monitor

koOp

hey, could anyone help me find a led monitor with theses specs? I only ask because im having trouble finding them.

-led monitor
-2ms
-23" or greater

koOp

yup, thanks for the link lubo4444. The asus ones are just led backlight right? I like the Mag GML2427 but can anyone recommend one i similar but in AUS? Dont want it to post it from US cus it will be broken in transit for sure.

Last edited:

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Are you talking about OLED screens or just LED backlights? Honestly, I've not been too keen on LED backlights. They're fine for lower power, but tend to have a very poor contrast ratio. Quite the opposite with an OLED screen, but I don't even know of any computer monitors out yet. Just that Sony TV (probably a couple others out by now...)

lubo4444

yup, thanks for the link lubo4444. The asus ones are just led backlight right? I like the Mag GML2427 but can anyone recommend one i similar but in AUS? Dont want it to post it from US cus it will be broken in transit for sure.

Yes the ASUS is only Led Backlight.

koOp

not OLED, there way to expensive. Im looking for an LED monitor, its different from LED backlight right? Btw ive been seeing alot of 5ms/2ms(GTG) ratings on benq monitors what does GTG mean?

Last edited:

daisymtc

not OLED, there way to expensive. Im looking for an LED monitor, its different from LED backlight right? Btw ive been seeing alot of 5ms/2ms(GTG) ratings on benq monitors what does GTG mean?

I don't think so. To my understand, LED monitor means LED backlight. Correct me if I am wrong

Aastii

VIP Member

gtg = grey to grey

If a monitor is 2ms GTG, and if a pixel on it is grey, it takes 2ms to go from grey, to another colour, back to grey

koOp

ahh, so that means its 5ms for colors and 2ms for grey scale? its not very fast then =/
I was thinking of getting one of those 24" benq LED monitors.

Aastii

VIP Member
ahh, so that means its 5ms for colors and 2ms for grey scale? its not very fast then =/
I was thinking of getting one of those 24" benq LED monitors.

I am fairly sure that is 5ms response time, 2ms grey to grey (further research showed it is grey to white back to grey). 5ms is the threshold of the human eye anyway, so lower is just to make people pay more for something they aren't going to notice

koOp

hmm i think people can notice when you game on it. I could be wrong though.. i havent used a 5ms lcd in a game before.

davidandersson

For computer hardware MSY is an excellent place. I find that they are very cheap but have high quality parts. I know a lot of people that have bought a whole pcs from there and never had a problem with them.
You will still pay way more than in the US though because we're in australia :( but thats just the way it is.
In their parts list they have several led monitors, not sure what response time they are because they don't give you any information on the products, so you have to know what you want.
At the top there is a list of where their shops are, but you have to go to a shop, they won't deliver (only one store does, not sure which one though)

sniperchang

OLED are a type of LED. I believe an LED TV uses OLEDs.

I don't think so. To my understand, LED monitor means LED backlight. Correct me if I am wrong

Actually I think you right, looking at these monitors they are priced like normal LCDs. So I'm thinking they are all LED backlight, not LED Monitors.

Maybe newegg will make a better distinction as LED Monitors become available.