Finger Print Passwords

ethernet

banned
Has anybody used one of the finger print password devices, where it uses your finger print as a password. Are they any good?

SlothX311

heard of them?
yes

know if thier any good?
couldnt tell you, although it sounds like a pretty usefull technology :eek:

ethernet

banned
yeah, they're pretty expensive still too, so i don't want to watse my money to try one, i think they're like 100 bucks

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Microsoft has come up with one that is attached to their Keyboard

I think thats pretty cool!...

Also Microsoft has one all by itself. Logitech and other companies probably have their own.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Sounds Really Good To Me

I would wanna try it myself though. I hope it is not overly sensitive like my voice recognition on my mobile. Small variations render it useless. Anyway I think that this could be the future in password technologies and could become readily available with keyboards as has been seen above. However as anything new, it either succeeds or fails hard!

JAN :D

john1979

We used to use them at work and they were great, untill a little dust got in the way, then access would be dinied. Good idea if you can get a good quality product.

tomprice43

i have a microsoft wireless optical keyboard and mouse(built in fingerprint reader) and the fp reader works awsome. only recognised one of my finders and no one elses. i dont think there is anyways to bypass this either.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
robina_80 said:
finger print reader COOL!!!!!! next it will be a retinal scanner

lol.

Dont forget the DNA scanners! Pull out a strand of hair or some earwax or snot and set it on the DNA scanner....

kobaj

VIP Member
I have heard of this before, Just dont burn your finger tip and 'melt' away your fingerprint.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
SlothX311 said:
there are retinal scanning technologies available you know

So your saying retinal scanners are widely available on Ebay and Amazon ? ;)

Come on SlothX311 we all know there are retinal scanners... but they are not a standard part of a home PC setup like fingerprint scanners are starting to become...

SFR

Truth fears no questions
robina_80 said:
retinal scanner is it big or what and do you have to put your eye up close to it

umm click on the link.... there is a picture on that uk site

Bobo

banned
SFR said:
Dont forget the DNA scanners! Pull out a strand of hair or some earwax or snot and set it on the DNA scanner....

That would be cool....:D

Of course, being 13, I have a perverted mind:rolleyes:

pipit

just remember. back at Campus.
I with my friend planed to make a finger print password for my final project.We have done many research from the design, the system, the signal processing concept, etc etc.
Then At last I've just known that the sensor is unavailable in Indonesia. and the price is so high. So, I decide to cange topic.

But, It would be cool if I can make it...:)