Firefox 3.5.1

Twist86

So wow I just formated and upgraded and I have to say its worse then IE now and I never thought that was possible.

I am curious there any sites that have a old version of FF that has updates disabled???

I currently have firefox running with adblock + greasemonkey + some scripts and everytime I crash Firefox it deletes all my logins and settings.

So for example I set cookies to custom and unchecked history...I close FF and boot back up and its set back to Never Remember History.

I swear each new version is getting worse and worse...I guess that is the price for becoming #1 for to long.

Twist86

Course after I make this post the damn thing is working as it should now.

I really really hate when that happens ~_~

kobaj

VIP Member
Eh, I somewhat agree. The latest release is rather pathetic. It no longer saves my passwords, nor does it warn me when closing multiple tabs. Several other errors too including almost none of my addons work anymore. Oh well, hopefully they'll iron out the kinks.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Eh, I somewhat agree. The latest release is rather pathetic. It no longer saves my passwords, nor does it warn me when closing multiple tabs. Several other errors too including almost none of my addons work anymore. Oh well, hopefully they'll iron out the kinks.

I haven't had any issues with it.

lovely?

i've noticed with the update that when i go to the CF homepage, im not immediately logged in. once i click on any link in the forum though, it signs me in in the top corner. wtf?

i did take a look at add-ons for FF with the update though, and i have to say, Personas is very nice!

bomberboysk

i've noticed with the update that when i go to the CF homepage, im not immediately logged in. once i click on any link in the forum though, it signs me in in the top corner. wtf?

i did take a look at add-ons for FF with the update though, and i have to say, Personas is very nice!
Ive noticed similar things in IE with the login thing, seems to be a cache issue or something.

Vizy

Ive noticed similar things in IE with the login thing, seems to be a cache issue or something.

Make sure that you guys visit www.computerforum.com.

do not just type in computerforum.com in the browser.

El DJ

Really, when I first got 3 ( was still in the beta I think) I didn't have any technical issues with it, I just didn't like it. I downloaded Chrome when it was released as a beta and it was quite a wonderful experience.

salman

My FF freezes for a good 30secs every so often, really annoying, I've tried disabling all add ons etc didn't make a difference- I think I'm gonna give google chrome a try.

lovely?

reinstall? i know my FF used to freeze up for a bit when it would finish downloading a file, but that has gone away now.

PabloTeK

FF needs to go back to the speed of it's 1.5 days; when it was really different from Internet Explorer. If you thought this version was bloated, the 3.7 & 4.0 versions will have you gnashing big time! It's slower than IE to load many sites, slower to start up and uses WAY more memory in some cases. That and for example every new update seems to cause the Porsche configurator to not work. IE works quite happily...

`PaWz

banned
FF needs to go back to the speed of it's 1.5 days; when it was really different from Internet Explorer. If you thought this version was bloated
We are talking about 3.5, right? The latest Firefox is anything but "bloated"
the 3.7 & 4.0 versions will have you gnashing big time!
You can't determine that since they aren't even out yet.

Last edited:

uposb4

The only problem im having is its saving my user and password even though i have it set to clear everything after i close out. I only have it set that way on my office machine and that bothers me and cant seem to figure it out but i still prefer it over IE.