FireFox 4.0

linkin

VIP Member
Just downloaded and installed firefox 4.0, so far the only add-on that isn't working is my Australian Dictionary one :eek:

I had enable the menu bar and disable hardware acceleration otherwise all the text look like crap. What are your thoughts on the new version of firefox? So far, with 3 tabs open, memory usage is already over 100mb. I guess it's the transparency effect?

Post your thoughts.

tremmor

I tried it yesterday but first i did a complete backup of firefox. Had less than half working of the pluggins. It was faster though i thought. The one's i really like i wanted. Had a few features that was nice. i uninstalled and put on the other i think 3.6. Will wait for the update for the pluggins to ver 4 then try again.

Dropkickmurphys

I'm running FF4 now and I really like it, it's gone the way of most other browsers by removing the bit at the bottom and therefore leaving more room for the webpage.

It also seems faster / nicer than ff3.6. It's popups (ie message boxes, not adverts) are also quite nice :).

However, it does look suspiciously like Opera lol.

Last edited:

lucasbytegenius

Yeah, FF4 is great. I don't use it though as it is still a little heavy.
If you don't like the tabs being on top then right click the tab bar and unselect "Tabs on top".
Also in that menu is other options which you can play around with to make it look almost exactly like the FF3.x series.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Been running it since the first public beta. Love it, though it still freezes the first 4 seconds after launch.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
I am still using Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 with McAfee antivirus turned ON and it works perfectly fast lol.I tryed Mozilla Firefox and saw no difference in speed or WEB pages...

But hey maybe that's just me xD

IE6 FTW!!!YEA!!! :D

lucasbytegenius

I am still using Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 with McAfee antivirus turned ON and it works perfectly fast lol.I tryed Mozilla Firefox and saw no difference in speed or WEB pages...

But hey maybe that's just me xD

IE6 FTW!!!YEA!!! :D

In what millennium were you born in?

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
More like how the HELL does he live without tabbed browsing?? :confused:

IE6 can suck my capacitors!

There are tools to have tabs in IE6 lol.Besides I am not so crazy about tabs like the rest of people xD.And as for the rest I can always make my own in C# just the way I like it so I don't care lol. :D

lucasbytegenius

There are tools to have tabs in IE6 lol.Besides I am not so crazy about tabs like the rest of people xD.And as for the rest I can always make my own in C# just the way I like it so I don't care lol. :D

Well you're a unique character. Doesn't like Windows 7, prefers IE 6, runs parts through the dishwasher...
We have potential here :D

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
It all started when Mr. IE saw beautiful girl called Mrs. Firefox:
ff_vs_ie.jpg

They started going out together and were having a great time!IE and Firefox were in love!!!

ie-firefox.jpg

And then one day IE came back from work earlier then usual.He went upstairs to change the T-shirt and all of a sudden he heard voices:"Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah! OH YEA BABY SAFARI DO IT HARD BABY YEA YEA YEA!!!"
Mr. IE was like:"What the hell is going on in there???".IE entered into the room and saw Mrs. Firefox having sex with Mr. Safari!!!

firefox-safari-feeddemon-logos-icons.png

IE got mad and jumped on Safari and kicked his ass!!!Then Mrs. Firefox started beating Mr. IE for kicking the ass of Mr. Safari.IE was defending himself,but for UNKNOWN reason Firefox was a lot stronger and IE started running a way and saying:"MOMY!!!"

firefox_vs_internet_explorer_by_blackwolf454-300x214.jpg

IE tryed to kick the ass of Firefox,but no success.Firefox was killing IE more more more and more!!!And then Firefox bitted IE right on his "sensitive place" called The Thing Above Testicals!!!!!!!!!

firefox-vs-internet-explorer.jpg

IE then said:"OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"!!!In that moment IE got mad and said:"OK I HAD IT ENOUGH!!!!!!!!GUYS!!!!!!!!!ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
When IE said that,Firefox was like:"Wtf?!Who the hell is he talking to???"
In that moment,IE's pals including the Safari's little brother attacked Firefox!!!

browser-wars.png

All 3 of them started beating the hell out of Firefox and about 5 minutes later,Firefox was defeated!!!IE,Google Chrome and Safari's brother started yelling:"GO AWAY YOU BITCH GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK!!!"
Firefox knew she was defeated completely and she just left in the sea and started going far far away forever...

FireFox_Sea-1600.jpg

IE was so happy and he was celebrating his victory!Since that day...noone was able to replace the sixth (6.0) son from the Microsoft Windows family...Mr. Internet Explorer was number one and he still is today...

ejar0h.jpg

Last edited: