FireFox Add-On For Ads

ScottALot

I have that add-on that you can right click and block ads that don't move... but what about the flash player ones? Those are the only ones that really annoy me... I'm playing a song and then Clorox stuff starts playing. How can I block those?

ScottALot

I already have AdBlock... what I'm talking about are those things that sound like a commercial and ask for you to "interact" with the ad. A lot of sites I use have those, but when I'm listening to music it's like:

AWESOME SONG ... Windex is cool, y'all ... AWESOME SONG

And I'm all like: FREAKIN' SWEET ... WTF? ... What the hell was that?

You guys know what I'm talking about?

Also, it's 10:30, so this post's gonna be weird... I have weird sleep habits.

deanj20

AWESOME SONG ... Windex is cool, y'all ... AWESOME SONG

And I'm all like: FREAKIN' SWEET ... WTF? ... What the hell was that?
^^That's good stuff right there^^
Laughing_RoflSmileyLJ.gif

Thanks for the laugh! Also, would the plugin in my first post not work? Those are flash-ads, right?

Last edited:

ScottALot

Thanks for the link, I'll use that if I can't find a song on playlist. (Though... 3$/month for no ads?)

Twist86

The Addons I use are this.

FlashBlock
Adblock Plus
Adblock Plus Pop Up Addon

These have stopped most of the issues I have had :p

bomberboysk

I used adblock plus back when i used firefox...now that i'm on chrome the adblocking softwares leave something to be desired, but still a much better tradeoff for speed, resources, and stability with chrome over firefox.

Drenlin

I used adblock plus back when i used firefox...now that i'm on chrome the adblocking softwares leave something to be desired, but still a much better tradeoff for speed, resources, and stability with chrome over firefox.

Same for me and Opera, though it's more awesome features than resource usage.