Firefox Addons Thread

bomberboysk

The Firefox Addons/Themes Thread

ok.. i Searched and didnt find anything, so i decided to create this thread. What are your favorite theme+addons for mozilla Firefox? Mine are:

1. Adblock Plus
2. Web Developer Toolbar
3. ForecastBar Enhanced

Theme: Nasa Night Launch

Also, post a link so that i can add it to the list;)

Here is the list of all addon suggestions:
- Adblock Plus Blocks Ads on Webpages

- Answers Hitting Control and highlighting Word pops up an Answer tip.

- Anycolor Change Firefox to Any Color and create your own personalized theme.

- Bazzacuda Image Saver Saves images open in tabs

- BabelFish Instant Translation Instantly Translate text into other languages

- BetterPrivacy Super Cookie Safeguard that Protects from undeletable LSO's or DOM Storage objects

- Boss Key Minimize firefox to tray, memory cleaning.

- Cooliris 3d Photo Viewer

- CoolPreviews Preview a webpage without leaving the tab you are currently on.

- Delicious Bookmarks Integrates del.icio,us bookmarks and tabs synced in firefox.

- DownloadHelper Easily download and convert files from youtube, etc.

- Download Statusbar Instead of a download window, keeps track of downloads on bottom left of firefox.

- DownloadThemAll! Download Accelerator/Manager that integrates into firefox

- Fire.fm Free online radio within firefox, from Last.fm

- Firebug Adds a wealth of development tools to firefox.

- FireFTP FTP Client For Firefox

- Fireshot Allows you to take screenshot of portion of webpage or entire webpage.

- Fission Combines address bar and progress bar, like safari.

- FEBE Allows you to backup your firefox extensions.

- ForecastBar Enhanced Weather Forecaster for Firefox

- FoxyProxy Proxy Application for Firefox

- Foxtab 3D Tab Browsing Addon

- Foxytunes Music Player Integration for firefox

- Full Fullscreen Allows you to remove toolbars in fullscreen mode for full page viewing.

- FxIF Allows you to view EXIF data without downloading image.

- Get Mail Adds mail icon.

- Glasser Adds the Windows Vista glass frame to Firefox toolbars.

- GooglePreview Shows a preview of each webpage when you search in google

- Google Toolbar Self Explanitory, Toolbar to search google

- Hide Unvisited Hides bookmarks you havent visited since clearing history.

- Highlighter Highlights Text

- My Image Here Replace an image on a webpage with an image on your computer.

- NoScript Allows active script to run only on trusted webpages.

- Peers Shows Realtime search results from location bar and search bar, as well as suggestions.

- Pluribo Scans all the reviews on an amazon webpage and summarizes them into a single paragraph.

- Pterodactl Image Saving Extension for Firefox, Saves largest image on current page and optionally largest image open in other tabs.

- Searchbar Autosizer Autosizes the searchbar as you type

- SkipScreen Skips the ad-laden pages on websites such as rapidshare and megaupload.

- Smart Bookmarks Bar Hide bookmark names on bookmark toolbar, displays text on mouseover.

- Smarter Fox Handy addon that adds related links tabs to wikipedia,google, etc.

- SnapLinks Open multiple links in multiple Tabs

- Speed Dial Direct access to your most visited websites

- stealther Similar to incognito mode in chrome, allows you to surf without leaving any traces.

- Stop Autoplay Stops embedded audio/video from autoplaying.

- Stumbleupon Toolbar Discovers web sites based on your interests

- Stylish Allows you to restyle webpages.

- sxipper Fills in forms, automatically manages passwords.

- Tab mix plus Enhances tab viewing, allows to duplicate tabs, undo closed tabs/windows etc.

- Tabs Open Relative Tabs open to the right of current tab instead of all the way to right of tab bar.

- TinEye Reverse Image Search Engine

- tiny menu Replaces standard firefox menu with a smaller one.

- United States English Dictionary Enhanced Spell Checker for firefox.

- Web Developer Toolbar Adds a menu with web developer tools.

- Web Of Trust (WOT) Helps avoid spyware/adware/viruses.

- Webmail Notifier Checks webmail accounts and notifies you how many unread emails you have.

- Wisestamp Manage multiple signatures for different email accounts

Theme Suggestions:
- Chromifox Basic

- Dark Orange Fox

- Nasa Night Launch

- Personas for Firefox

- Redshift V3

- Xmarks Bookmarks are synced to an online server, and can be accesed from any computer with Xmarks installed.

- Vista-Aero

Handy Mozilla Related Programs:
Mozbackup Excellent backup tool for firefox and thunderbird.

Last edited:

barnsleynut

Hide unvisited is one of my favourites

Stops your unvisited bookmarks appearing in the address bar as you type, especially good when you have prying eyes and 'certain' bookmarks appear.

lol only joking!

DirtyD86

banned
answers - simple addon that shows you the definition of a word when you alt + click it

cooliris - opens up a very cool image gallery that you need to see to understand. think of it like google images x10

stumbleupon firefox toolbar - because stumbleupon is essential :)

dubesinhower

stealther - blocks all cookies, and pretty much makes you anon. i use it when im on 4chan and other pron sites LOL

delicious bookmarks - shows your delicious bookmarks, in the order of most visited or recently bookmarked

sxipper - automatically saves your login usernames and passwords for different accounts. one click undername and password filling. also remembers forms.

download statusbar - a WAY better download thingy. shows all your active downloads in a bar on the bottom of your browser

tab mix plus - allows you to organize and rename your tabs

tiny menu - shrinks that shitty top bar that has all your "file, edit, view, etc..." menus in to one menu called "menu"

bomberboysk

answers - simple addon that shows you the definition of a word when you alt + click it

cooliris - opens up a very cool image gallery that you need to see to understand. think of it like google images x10

stumbleupon firefox toolbar - because stumbleupon is essential :)

stealther - blocks all cookies, and pretty much makes you anon. i use it when im on 4chan and other pron sites LOL

delicious bookmarks - shows your delicious bookmarks, in the order of most visited or recently bookmarked

sxipper - automatically saves your login usernames and passwords for different accounts. one click undername and password filling. also remembers forms.

download statusbar - a WAY better download thingy. shows all your active downloads in a bar on the bottom of your browser

tab mix plus - allows you to organize and rename your tabs

tiny menu - shrinks that shitty top bar that has all your "file, edit, view, etc..." menus in to one menu called "menu"

Could you post links so i can add to list? Thx

bomberboysk

bomberboysk

i really like the nasa night launch theme, thanks for sharing that

Yup, its my favorite theme:D Cuz im kinda ocd when it comes to some things like no icons on my desktop except maybe 1-2, and another big one for me is i like clean somewhat simple themes... and thats why i love this theme so muchXD

Kornowski

VIP Member
I was using the Nasa theme for a while, I just got a new today actually.

Chromifox

I've got just the navigation buttons and address bar at the top, it looks really neat.

chibicitiberiu

I like the GooglePreview add-on because it shows a preview of the page on google searches and makes it more attractive. I also have SkipScreen which skips the thousand pages that I have to go through to download something from RapidShare for example or many other sites. Also WOT (Web of Trust) helps me not get viruses.

As for themes, I like Personas, even though it is still in experimental stage.

Sorry for not posting links, but I will when I have some time.

salman

The stumble up on toolbar is pretty cool- never really used stumble up on at all before, its quite interesting when you're bored.

bomberboysk

I was using the Nasa theme for a while, I just got a new today actually.

Chromifox

I've got just the navigation buttons and address bar at the top, it looks really neat.

Added

I like the GooglePreview add-on because it shows a preview of the page on google searches and makes it more attractive. I also have SkipScreen which skips the thousand pages that I have to go through to download something from RapidShare for example or many other sites. Also WOT (Web of Trust) helps me not get viruses.

As for themes, I like Personas, even though it is still in experimental stage.

Sorry for not posting links, but I will when I have some time.

Found em without links;), Added

FireFTP is great for accessing FTP servers properly on FF.

I use Fireftp also, totally forgot about it. Added

Aastii

VIP Member
Not sure what has been said so far, not going through, but ehre are what i have so far (appolgies if they have been said already):

Red Shift V3 Theme. I like how it is black and red (+1) ant that it doesn't complicate things, it keeps it all very simple, i can't stand buttons i don't use (+2)

Google Toolbar. Again, it is so i don't have to keep going home when i need to search for something, it is again for the over complicating thing i said before in the red shift theme.

And that is it, can't be doing with finding all the stuff which on paper looks incredibly useful, but that will never get used