Firefox Annoying Problem

Mattu

Hi all, I have been having this weird annoying problem with Firefox 4.0. Sometimes when I first open up a web page, it gives me an all text version of that site. This also was happening when I was still using Firefox 3.6. All I have to do, however, is just push "reload" and it gives me the regular website. But it gets kind of annoying sometimes because I though Firefox was supposed to be this super superior browser. I would expect something like this from IE:mad:.

Again, this only happens sometimes.

Example of this problem, Weather.com:
Untitled-1.jpg

After pressing "reload":
Untitled1.jpg

Thanks for any advice...

Nanobyte

I think what you are seeing is the normal way pages load. The text loads first but is often followed so quickly by the rest that you don't notice. Your problem is slow transfer of data at one end or the other. I get exactly the same in my area with the Weather Network, the delay can be nothing or up to one second. Perhaps you always hit the site when it is busy.

Broni

VIP Member
Close Firefox. Go Start>All Programs>Mozilla Firefox, click on Mozilla Firefox (safe mode). Same issue?

Mattu

I think it might have to do with my Stylish add-on, I cannot tell for sure because the problem happens at random times, not every time.

Nanobyte

That's easy enough to check. Disable the add-on and see how it works.

FYI, the Weather Network pages that I access are 107kB for the page and 580kB for the files or around 700kB. First time you access you have to load that lot. When you load other pages from the site then you are only looking at downloading around the 107kB because you already have the files.

People seem to have no idea how huge web pages are these days. As soon as browsers get faster, it's an excuse for vendors to up the crap they post.

Last edited: