Firefox Disaster

Tyressias

I was navigating with Firefox 8 when I noticed that pages opened black and white and and in a schematic format (I will include this page screenshot). I thought it was number 8 and got back to many versions getting the same. Home page discloses a typical upper bar not black but squares and characters. Unistalled and installed every version. Went back restoring and with ERDNT. Scanned with antiivirus and antimalaware with no results. IE functions OK. I have not done any change in any setting and not downloaded anything. My Mini Compaq Netbook functions perfectly. I am devastated. Please, be so kind to help me. Thanks a lor and friendly regards.

Attachments

• Computerforum.jpg
    Computerforum.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 144
  • GoogleB.jpg
    GoogleB.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 100

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I had slight issues with PaleMoon 8 (basically the same thing) so I reverted back to 7.0.1.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Oh wow that screenshot really IS a firefox disaster lol.

Ok do this:

-Completely uninstall EVERY firefox browser and then RESTART the computer...
-Download Eusing Free Registry Cleaner,install it,run it and then go to EDIT->OPTIONS and make sure all check boxes there are checked.Click OK,exit the program and the reopen it again...
-Click SCAN REGISTRY ISSUE
-After the scan is complete,click REPAIR REGISTRY ISSUE...
-After that is done,RESTART your computer...
-Now install Firefox such as version 5 or whichever you prefer and see if it open WEB pages properly now...

Report back with the results!

Cheers!...who ever you are:D

Tyressias

Unfortunately, the procedure failed to fix the problem, Many thanks in any case. Friendly regards

Oh wow that screenshot really IS a firefox disaster lol.

Ok do this:

-Completely uninstall EVERY firefox browser and then RESTART the computer...
-Download Eusing Free Registry Cleaner,install it,run it and then go to EDIT->OPTIONS and make sure all check boxes there are checked.Click OK,exit the program and the reopen it again...
-Click SCAN REGISTRY ISSUE
-After the scan is complete,click REPAIR REGISTRY ISSUE...
-After that is done,RESTART your computer...
-Now install Firefox such as version 5 or whichever you prefer and see if it open WEB pages properly now...

Report back with the results!

Cheers!...who ever you are:D

Dngrsone

VIP Member
Are you deleting the Mozilla folders from /Programs and your user folders after uninstalling Firefox versions?

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
I agree with Dngrsone. You should always delete the entire folder and all other left items of Mozilla once you have completely uninstalled it and then restart the computer before installing Mozilla again.

By the way while installing Mozilla,if you are asked wether you want to import anything from other browser such as Internet Explorer,don't import anything.

By the way it can be that some setting in Firefox like WEB PAGE STYLE has changed and stayed in the Windows OS registry hive saved and no matter how many times you reinstall Firefox,that setting won't change to it's default value unless you do it manually.So try to change a page style by going to VIEW -> PAGE STYLE -> and then select NO STYLE and then again go to VIEW -> PAGE STYLE -> and then select BASIC PAGE STYLE.

Report back with the results.

Cheers!

Tyressias

Very eloquent answer

Let me tell you that your message sounds me really inopportune. What do you pretend? I think that this is no place for ironies. People that consult for troubles are anxious and concerned, not disposed to joke and to understand sarcasms. Many thinks that you do not imagine funtion well for me, starting from brain and good taste. Regards.

Really? Its been working great for me. :confused:

Tyressias

Yesterday I did precisely that and nothing happens. Before renewing averything. Many thanks and regards.

I agree with Dngrsone. You should always delete the entire folder and all other left items of Mozilla once you have completely uninstalled it and then restart the computer before installing Mozilla again.

By the way while installing Mozilla,if you are asked wether you want to import anything from other browser such as Internet Explorer,don't import anything.

By the way it can be that some setting in Firefox like WEB PAGE STYLE has changed and stayed in the Windows OS registry hive saved and no matter how many times you reinstall Firefox,that setting won't change to it's default value unless you do it manually.So try to change a page style by going to VIEW -> PAGE STYLE -> and then select NO STYLE and then again go to VIEW -> PAGE STYLE -> and then select BASIC PAGE STYLE.

Report back with the results.

Cheers!

Dngrsone

VIP Member
Let me tell you that your message sounds me really inopportune. What do you pretend? I think that this is no place for ironies. People that consult for troubles are anxious and concerned, not disposed to joke and to understand sarcasms. Many thinks that you do not imagine funtion well for me, starting from brain and good taste. Regards.

Calm down. He was replying to someone else.

So are you saying that your problem still exists, even after deleting the Mozilla folders? Did you try changing styles like S.T.A.R.S. suggested? Did you scrub any Mozilla entries from registry?

Bacon

Yes I was replying to someone else, but I apologize for the confusion.

I hope you can solve your problem soon and again I am sorry.

Tyressias

Yeahh, I realized it. Appologies for everybody-

After deleting folders I have had no problems at all and I have already fixed my few add ons. I will not change any about:config setting, even when I feel that someones appear as really obviously adviceable. Many thanks to you and everybody together with my warmest regards

So are you saying that your problem still exists, even after deleting the Mozilla folders? Did you try changing styles like S.T.A.R.S. suggested? Did you scrub any Mozilla entries from registry?

Tyressias

Firefox disaster, discovered

I have just changed tools>content>colours to unclik "let the pages choose their own colurs" and, inmediately, Fireox got disturbed in the same way I had last days. It was reversible and things came back to normal when i cloiked again the mentioned square. I hope no one might have this trouble at knowing this so absolutely rare issue. Anyone could explain this to me? I just wanted to give the visited places a special colour (can't I?). Could it be a Firefox 8's bug? But when went back to older versions things didn't improve. Greetings for everybody and thanks again.