Firefox is giving me some major headaches!

Respital

Active Member
I am completely fed up with Firefox. :mad:
It never EVER starts when i need it to only when it wants to.
I've tried reinstalling and everything still nothing. :mad:
So i need major help from you.
I figure maybe power uninstalling it or whatever mite kill it.
For example deleting resistry entires and crap.
I've even tried deleting some folders and stuff related to firefox.
I found the following instructions. (by using google)
You need to remove any trace of FF

I had problems with add blocker extension for firefox v1.0.4. I had to uninstall firefox in add/remove programs.

Next I had right click on start, explore>Tools>Folder Options>View>Show hidden files and folders. Make sure it is checked.

You'll need to delete your profile.

On Windows XP/2000 it's C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\application data\

Delete the "Mozilla" folder unless you use Netscape 6/7 or the Mozilla Suite (if you do, delete the Firefox folder)

Now re-install FF

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
-----------------

Here is how I stumbled on to this:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=256922

http://resourcepc.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.pl?board=Software;action=display;num=1116521569

Here is the FF help forum:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php?sid=68749ad69251f285d76141933fa9f79d

P.S. I'm going to be extra careful checking version conflicts with extensions for FF. I've read that you should always go to add and remove programs to install a new version of FF. If you update version of FF in FF supposedly it isn't as good. All your settings will be save automaticallly unless you delete your profile as stated in the beginning of this post.

Good Luck.

But i can't delete the folder it says it's either currently in use (but firefox.exe isn't running) or that it's writeprotected. But i don't care i want to delete it.
HELP! :mad:

P.s: I think maybe some kernal level program could delete the file? I don't care for it and i tried installing without deleting the folder and it still wont work. :(
 
safe mode ? also by using unlocker .. did you even try those ?

did you even terminate the FF process in explorer ?

Safe mode, did ABSOLUTLY nothing.
I'm trying unlocker now.
Yesi try to terminate it most of the time it wont but i ended it when i was deleting the folder.

EDIT: I can't end firefox.exe any help here? :(
 
Last edited:
then if nothing works, boot up a linux live cd and delete the damn thing, that WILL work

Does that involve burning a disk?
Because i'm on my old computer and the drive bay is dead...
Can you provide a link? :)

EDIT: Will it delete it completly like shred it ? Windows reg keys included? Everything? GONE?!
 
Last edited:
just download ubuntu or knoppix, they are live.
through them you can access your hard drive.
anyways that's way off base, did unlocker work ?
 
just download ubuntu or knoppix, they are live.
through them you can access your hard drive.
anyways that's way off base, did unlocker work ?

Well since i reinstalled it thinking it would work...
I tried opening firefox.exe and it won't work now it's stuck and i can't kill the process....
Do u have like some sort of big arsenal of a program that can kill it ? :mad:
Thanks for your help by the way. :)
 
Does that involve burning a disk?
Because i'm on my old computer and the drive bay is dead...
Can you provide a link? :)

EDIT: Will it delete it completly like shred it ? Windows reg keys included? Everything? GONE?!

it will remove the entire directory you want to delete not the reg.
The reg can be removed manually or through a forced uninstaller suh as YOUR-Uninstaller or Smarty
 
it will remove the entire directory you want to delete not the reg.
The reg can be removed manually or through a forced uninstaller suh as YOUR-Uninstaller or Smarty

Will that force uninstaller basicly get rid of firefox for me? *gasps*
Umm... i have to go eat something i'll be back in like 20 minutes tops....
Until then maybe you can look in your arsenal and find a program that can kill the process.
Thanks by the way. :)
 
Will that force uninstaller basicly get rid of firefox for me? *gasps*
Umm... i have to go eat something i'll be back in like 20 minutes tops....
Until then maybe you can look in your arsenal and find a program that can kill the process.
Thanks by the way. :)

i find it every strange that FF cannot be removed from your Pc.
I do not need any software to kill firefox only explorer.
YES, those uninstaller WILL get rid of it, i don't know about your-uninstaller because i use Smarty and it has always work.
then again your case is very different.
so is Firefox still on your pc now ?
 
i find it every strange that FF cannot be removed from your Pc.
I do not need any software to kill firefox only explorer.
YES, those uninstaller WILL get rid of it, i don't know about your-uninstaller because i use Smarty and it has always work.
then again your case is very different.
so is Firefox still on your pc now ?

Yes firefox 3.0 is installed on my pc at the moment.
I was going to try to remove it.
Do you recommend i use Smarty?
I'll be awaiting your instructions. :)
Thanks. :)
 
I agree, this has to be more than Firefox.
Try checking security section bro.
ive used that program for so long, never failed me, not once.

cheers
 
I agree, this has to be more than Firefox.
Try checking security section bro.
ive used that program for so long, never failed me, not once.

cheers

Okay. thanks..:(
Do you think i should try to plainly uninstall it? Just for the hell of it.
 
Do you have any add ons? If you have alot, it would slow do the start up. It is possible that you just have a crappy computer.
 
Do you have any add ons? If you have alot, it would slow do the start up. It is possible that you just have a crappy computer.

I remember installing one for pop ups.
Crappy computer?!
I think you should read my signature again and then tell me that. :mad:
 
Back
Top