Firefox problems

ZachSand

I'm having odd problems with my Mozilla Firefox Web Browser. I have the most up to date version (3.6.15).

I'm the only computer in my house using the internet(Charter High speed), and it's taking forever for my pages to load, if they even do load. 60% of the time it tries to load for about 20 seconds, then it stops trying and it just leaves a blank page even though it says in the address bar it loaded the site. I'll have to refresh it multiple times, and even then it still doesn't always work.

This has just started to happen recently, and I haven't downloaded any new programs that should affect this. Should I uninstall and reinstall Firefox? Any suggestions?

lucasbytegenius

I'm having odd problems with my Mozilla Firefox Web Browser. I have the most up to date version (3.6.15).

I'm the only computer in my house using the internet(Charter High speed), and it's taking forever for my pages to load, if they even do load. 60% of the time it tries to load for about 20 seconds, then it stops trying and it just leaves a blank page even though it says in the address bar it loaded the site. I'll have to refresh it multiple times, and even then it still doesn't always work.

This has just started to happen recently, and I haven't downloaded any new programs that should affect this. Should I uninstall and reinstall Firefox? Any suggestions?

Try reinstalling. Other than that I don't know what to tell you other than maybe your Internet is acting up.

ZachSand

Reinstalled. Still having some problems, I'll try disconnecting/and reconnecting my modem in the morning and make sure everything is working correctly. Could just be a temporary internet flaw.

techno_workers

try unistall first than restart, after that install it again or u can replace with another internet web browser such as opera, google chrome, or chrome plus or anything.. u can choose anyone i jus give u asuggestion.. hope this will help u

lucasbytegenius

try unistall first than restart, after that install it again or u can replace with another internet web browser such as opera, google chrome, or chrome plus or anything.. u can choose anyone i jus give u asuggestion.. hope this will help u

Chrome Plus does not exist, and he has already reinstalled. I'm positive it's his Internet.

tremmor

just another suggestion and do this with any program.
If i uninstall a program i always check the program files and delete any directory
of firefox. Then goto run type '%appdata%' and delete all occurrence of the program.
Then reboot try.

On the other hand you could also call Charter and ask for support to check your speed because of slow. They can check on there side in case of issues.

ZachSand

That's good advice, I'm not to savvy with run commands, but I'll look into it.

Little off topic, the number of computers using the same internet as me limits my speed yes/no?

tremmor

Yes. but whats the other computers doing. if being used and say playing games will slow ya down. browsing i don't think you will see a diff browsing and looking. honestly i don't think charter is best show for speed. I liked Comcast but kept raising prices. i went to AT&T and i switch back and forth.
I won't now because i have fiber optics and they support it for speed. have the package with cell phone, cable & internet. just my thought.

its not hard from the run command. again it %appdata% with the %.

GaryCantley

Its been suggested but cant see if you have tried it.

Do you get the same problems with other browsers? If so, its probably your ISP or could be malware.

ZachSand

I didn't try other browsers, i should have though.

I ran a full malware scan from malwarebytes and nothing turned up. It's running smoothly now though, not sure what caused it.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Usually when you can't access pages or slow speeds then the first thing you try is rebooting your modem and router if you have one and usually that takes care of the issue.