FireFox Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan_

banned
Might not be the right section but.....

Is there any way to make FireFox open with three tabs (all sites that i've programmed in) open?

Thanks,

PC eye

banned
Any browser generally goes right to the home page or Mozilla page in FireFox. It would take a special programming command line just to see multiple tabs opened let alone multiple sites. You would probably have to have multiple browsers set to different home pages to see that work. IE would open one while FireFox Netscape or Opera would then open up the third.

With tabbed browsing you would simply go to each site after the home page in order to go back and forth to some degree there. The only way seen is with favorites in groups where you open one tab with multiple links seen there. That can be done by following the simple instructions seen at http://www.lifehacker.com/software/firefox/bookmark-and-open-multiple-tabs-in-firefox-127960.php

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
It's easy enough:
Click Use Current Page(s) to use the page you're currently
visiting. You can also use multiple home pages. If more
than one browser tab is currently opened, this button will set the
whole tab group as a start page.

Bobo

banned
It would take a special programming command line just to see multiple tabs opened let alone multiple sites.
Are you freaking crazy???

Go to tools-->options

firefoxdr6.jpg

Where you see the homepage locations text box, enter in each webpage, separated by a | (vertical line, not a letter)

Simple as that.

pdc76

i have 5 tabs now opening as my home page. if i hit the home button on the toolbar, 5 more tabs open. hit it again, 5 more tabs. i'll have to change that habit and remember the tab is there. i had like 20 tabs open at once.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah that's the only problem with it. If there was a startup setting and a homepage setting it would be better.

PC eye

banned
Now maybe you can understand what I was talking about by having a special programming for this to regulate the auto repetition. But whichever browser you use it will have a home page. If your home is 5 pages at once that's what you will get even when trying to open a single page. You would need a special addon where you simply clicked on that to see other pages open at the same time not as a default. It's far easier with tab browsing already there.

pdc76

Any browser generally goes right to the home page or Mozilla page in FireFox. It would take a special programming command line just to see multiple tabs opened let alone multiple sites. You would probably have to have multiple browsers set to different home pages to see that work. IE would open one while FireFox Netscape or Opera would then open up the third.

With tabbed browsing you would simply go to each site after the home page in order to go back and forth to some degree there. The only way seen is with favorites in groups where you open one tab with multiple links seen there. That can be done by following the simple instructions seen at http://www.lifehacker.com/software/firefox/bookmark-and-open-multiple-tabs-in-firefox-127960.php

all i understand from your post is that you thought it wasn't possible until someone else showed you the way. now you're acting like you knew it all along. :rolleyes:

Bobo

banned
Now maybe you can understand what I was talking about by having a special programming for this to regulate the auto repetition. But whichever browser you use it will have a home page. If your home is 5 pages at once that's what you will get even when trying to open a single page. You would need a special addon where you simply clicked on that to see other pages open at the same time not as a default. It's far easier with tab browsing already there.
Yea that's fine, just act like you know it all even though you were just proven wrong....typcial.

PC eye

banned
Are you freaking crazy???

Yea that's fine, just act like you know it all even though you were just proven wrong....typcial.

[FONT=&quot]I don't think that that provides any useful information. [/FONT]

He doesn't know how to do that. He would rather tear up threads. :rolleyes:

The point was actually made when 5-10-15-20 pages were seen when trying have 5 pages open by default instead of having an option to open 4 extras as an option. When you go to open a 6th page what happens? You get 10 instead of 6. What would happen after 20 if that continued? 25-30-35-40- until ??? the bandwidth was cut so small everything locked up. :eek:

pdc76

wth are you talking about? i have 5 tabs loading on startup. i can create a new tab and go to another site. 5 more do not appear. extra tabs only appear when the home button is pressed. i was just stating i'd have to get used to not hitting the home button on the toolbar (it's not necessary since one of the tabs already shows my homepage). when i go to open a 6th page, a 6th page opens. do you even use firefox?

PC eye

banned
If you open FireFox again in order to go to another site while keeping the five sites already opened from moving off of each home page the auto load of five tabbed home pages would appear again. What happens when you double click on the desktop icon more then once?

Scrat

If you open FireFox again in order to go to another site while keeping the five sites already opened from moving off of each home page the auto load of five tabbed home pages would appear again. What happens when you double click on the desktop icon more then once?

Have you used Firefox????? You see the idea of using TABed browsing is so that you don't have to open another window (clicking on the icon) you just press "Ctrl + t" and a new TAB opens in the same window.

pdc76

why would i click on the firefox icon again in order to go to another site. just create another tab, that's what they're for. :rolleyes: (why not create a new, empty tab that loads with the others? saves even another step.)

if i click on the firefox desktop icon twice, it opens 2 instances of firefox, each with 5 tabs. :rolleyes: try it.

trust me, i've been using it for several hours since the idea was posted. once i got used to it, i found it to be very helpful. i only clicked on the toolbar home button that one time.

PC eye

banned
Have you used Firefox????? You see the idea of using TABed browsing is so that you don't have to open another window (clicking on the icon) you just press "Ctrl + t" and a new TAB opens in the same window.

I'm well aware of tabbed browsing. As far as FireFox you can't run IE on Linux. Have you run Linux? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.