Firefox

Calvin

New Member
Anyone using Firefox? Well I just went from IE to Firefox 3 nights ago and have a problem. Sure hope someone can help, I made a web page a long time ago that is on my internet provider and made it while I was using IE. Well now since I have Firefox when my web page loads the midi music wont play, and a couple of my pages background dont load. I have tried all their suggestions and downloaded everything they say I need and still the same. No midi's, can someone help, do I need to turn something on.
Thanks everyone.
Calvin
 
They are different browsers, lots of web pages look different in either IE or FF, especially MySpace. Does the audio use ActiveX controls by any chance?
 
well tell you what... since im a convert to ff post the link and ill go to it and see if i can here the music... but you should be find if you download the most recent version of FF. I have never had anything be worse in FF then IE.... no comparison the FF is better.
 
I made it using Frontpage Express but it wont let me change the code. I even tried it in explorer. Oh well thanks everyone anyway.
Calvin
 
Yea I guess it doesnt work on FF. I have IE right now and your website works perfectly for me
 
Thanks again fellows, yea it works good for me too if I switch back to IE, and I have been through tons of web pages about trying to get the midi's to work and I have tried them all. Nothing works, even some of my backgrounds wont come up either. Oh well guess you have to take what you get.
Calvin
 
Well fellows I figured it out, or at least it works for me now using FF. I went to IE and done what one of you said and changed some coding to embed. Then when using Frontpage it put a Quicktime player box at the top of each web page, so I cut and pasted the box to the bottom of each page and made it real small. Used ftp to send all the data to each web page then I changed it back to FF and now I have my midi's playing on each site.

Thanks guys I really appreciate all your help.
Calvin
 
Hi Alex, I have read a poll on here that asks who likes the most IE or FF. I would have to say I like FF better. Reason I say that is I have a web page on Myspace with over 400 friends and when I would try and load their profile page it would take so long. I even have SP3 if that means anything. Now with FF I can click their page and I am there no wait. Now I know I dont have a super fast machine that most of you have on here but I did build it myself. Its probably going on 4 years old now and still running great knock on wood.
Thanks again Alex and have a good one.
Calvin
 
If you still want the player to be hidden, replace the <embed> in there with the following code:
Code:
<embed src="With_Or_Without_You.mid" hidden="true" loop="1">
 
Back
Top