First Build, Will this work?

ZugZugTheOrc

New Member
This is my first build, and I've done what homework I can, but I wanted to run this by you all and see if I did it right before I throw money at it.

Here is what I've come up with. I'm trying to keep it sub $1000. I've also already got the video card (PCIe 2.0, 6 pin power connection)

*Updated 21 Dec 09* - Thanks to everyone's suggestions, here is the new list for this build.. could use a suggestion for a good case.

SILVERSTONE ST75F-P 750W ATX 12V v2.3 & EPS 12V 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply


AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor

Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal

RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WB Black 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4G​​​BRL

MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard
 
Last edited:
Awesome, thanks for the great input!

What case would you recommend? I was looking for a case that provided good cooling and didn't require me to buy extra cooling equipment.
 
Id go for a different power supply, a corsair 750W or Pc power and cooling silencer 750W would easily power that setup.
 
Like said above. Drop the Power Supply and get a PC Power & Cooling/ Corsair/Silverstone/Antec/OCZ/BFG/Xcilo
 
Id go for a different power supply, a corsair 750W or Pc power and cooling silencer 750W would easily power that setup.

Will the Corsair 750W PSU from NewEgg meet the requirements for my video card connector? The one NewEgg has, come with 4x 8pin peripheral connectors. Will it work with the video card I've got?

I've got a GeForce 9800GT 512MB, requires one 6-pin PCIe -or- two 4-pin peripheral supplementary connectors. Should work right?

This one:
CORSAIR CMPSU-750HX 750W ATX12V 2.3
 
It probably has 4x 6+2 pin PCI-E connectors, meaning it could power four of those graphics cards :cool:
 
Will the Corsair 750W PSU from NewEgg meet the requirements for my video card connector? The one NewEgg has, come with 4x 8pin peripheral connectors. Will it work with the video card I've got?

I've got a GeForce 9800GT 512MB, requires one 6-pin PCIe -or- two 4-pin peripheral supplementary connectors. Should work right?

This one:
CORSAIR CMPSU-750HX 750W ATX12V 2.3

Yes. Its sold out though.
This is a good deal on a Silverstone
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256059
 
Last edited:
Looks pretty good. Not a Raidmax fan myself. I would get a Cooler Master/ NZXT or Antec case. Or even one of the Lian Li Lancool cases.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top