Here is what I came up with,

EVGA GeForce 8800GTX - $529.99
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16814130072
OR
EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 640mb - $369.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130071

Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer - $80.99
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16829102006

Total: $1123.91 (w/ 8800GTX) or $963.91 (w/ 8800GTS)

ACER 20" 5ms - $189.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009108

Where is the power supply? and anyway going for that build isn't an improvement (except the gtx) and the extreme gamer

Giberish

chu, why you choose that psu? i would think the ocz gamexstream would be better plus it's cheaper. you chose the one you posted because of the case?

chupacabra

chu, why you choose that psu? i would think the ocz gamexstream would be better plus it's cheaper. you chose the one you posted because of the case?

Well the corsair 620w is pretty quiet and powerful at the same time, it can run even a 8800 ultra ( not sli thou), is modular which means you won't need to arrenge the cables since you'll only connect the ones you need, has 5 years warranty :p

Last edited:

Giberish

ah ok, thanks for all your guys help, i finally now have a good idea what i'll be getting and still very nice set up and a reasonable price thanks again.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Well the corsair 620w is pretty quiet and power at the same time, it can run even a 8800 ultra ( not sli thou), is modular which means you won't need to arrenge the cables since you'll only connect the ones you need, has 5 years warranty :p

One question Chupacabra...

Corsair 620HX

18A x3 = 54A
620W Max Wattage

OCZ GameXStream 700W

18A x4 = 72A
700W Max Wattage
*Cheaper

Why the 620HX? Curious.

chupacabra

One question Chupacabra...

Corsair 620HX

18A x3 = 54A
620W Max Wattage

OCZ GameXStream 700W

18A x4 = 72A
700W Max Wattage
*Cheaper

Why the 620HX? Curious.

The gamextream doesn't give that much oscar, at best around 56 amps, the corsair gives 50amps, but performs better and is pretty quiet (unless you get a defective one that comes with a bad fan), also the corsair is modular while the ocz isn't ( giberish would need to arrange the cables so they don't cut air flow) also is rated at 50c under the most extreme conditions

oscaryu1

VIP Member
The gamextream doesn't give that much oscar, at best around 56 amps, the corsair gives 50amps, but performs better and is pretty quiet (unless you get a defective one that comes with a bad fan), also the corsair is modular while the ocz isn't ( giberish would need to arrange the cables so they don't cut air flow) also is rated at 50c under the most extreme conditions

Mk thanks! I always thought every PSU actually could produce the max amps and watts they say...

Giberish

ok i got a question again, we haven't ordered any parts yet but my friend tells me to get a asus mother board, which i belive supports AMD and says if i get an asus amd mobo he has a free cup which is a AMD X2 3800 i looked it up and it's a 2.00ghz but he tells me his is 2.4? and only been used for a short period of time. so should i go for the

AMD x2 3800 or Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

lovely?

god the intel will BLOW THAT THING OUT OF THE WATER and then blast it a few more times for fun. go for the intel, i dont really care what the 3800 would come with, its not worth it

Giberish

ok thanks and little rumor i heard to...i guess if you take a intell cpu out after useing it, it'll blow up? is that true cause thats another thing he said i'm not sure though...

b3rt_d4ni3l

ok thanks and little rumor i heard to...i guess if you take a intell cpu out after useing it, it'll blow up? is that true cause thats another thing he said i'm not sure though...

I got the feeling that your friend is a big fan of AMD and he is trying to scare you from getting an Intel... :D:D

Giberish

OK, thanks so much for your guys help, this computer should be very amazing and should be coming in two days woot, thanks again for your ideas :)

Last edited: