Thechefxxxv
New Member
Hey,
I'd like some second opinions on a gaming rig I'll be purchasing within the next 30 days. I scoured Newegg for the best parts, and this is what I came up with:
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=11989467&WishListTitle=Gaming
(I have a 1500$ budget, lower is better)
I just wanted to know if this is a good configuration, and If I should be waiting for updates to any of these products soon.
I also have a few other questions, this being my first machine:
1. Should I run Vista 64-bit instead of 32?
2. How easy would it be to dual-boot XP 32-bit and Vista 64-bit?
3. Some of my friends say the motherboard is overkill. Is this true?
Thanks in advance.
I'd like some second opinions on a gaming rig I'll be purchasing within the next 30 days. I scoured Newegg for the best parts, and this is what I came up with:
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=11989467&WishListTitle=Gaming
(I have a 1500$ budget, lower is better)
I just wanted to know if this is a good configuration, and If I should be waiting for updates to any of these products soon.
I also have a few other questions, this being my first machine:
1. Should I run Vista 64-bit instead of 32?
2. How easy would it be to dual-boot XP 32-bit and Vista 64-bit?
3. Some of my friends say the motherboard is overkill. Is this true?
Thanks in advance.
Last edited: